Possession of the Enemy (You betrayed me Blake)

Blakes P.O.V

Guilt was eating away at my insides and it stung. I could feel it clawing at me with every step I took. The image of it changing her,the hook she seemed to immediately get to it. She didn't want me to stop kissing her,didnt want to loose the feeling it was giving her.

I stopped in my tracks and lashed out at near by tree. I gave it two clear blows before it crunched and snapped in half as if it was nothing but a twig in my hands. It fell to the ground but I remained despite the noise.

I only did it to help her. But now I feel as if ive betrayed her trust. How will she see me after this?

Vampires as a species have several talents. Obviously we have our speed,strength and youth but we also have the ability to kind of...drug those we see fit to. I wouldn't even call it a drug,its not really addictive and it won't affecf the victims health. We used to sometimes use it to hunt,it makes the victim tired after a short while,dazed and vulnerable. It can be done with our eyes or through contact. 

In this case a kiss

She was stressing and I hated seeing her so upset. She did calm down and was more at ease. The fatigue would have hit shortly after I left but when she wakes up she will go back to normal.

I call it Daze because it does literally send them into some sort of daze. Temporary but still a powerful one.

I need to be back before she wakes up. I also need to explain this to her. I cant keep it to myself, its killing me.

I closed my eyes for a second and tried to calm myself. 

You did what you thought was best. She was upset and the emotional pain was putting a strain on her.

I still betrayed her trust though.

I roughly swallowed down and began making my way to the lair again. I know the clans out because I can smell the faint scents. They'd be stronger if they were here.

I approached the lair from the back entrance.  I didnt bother keeping any cover because they wouldn't ne back for hours.

Of course my scent would be here when they get back but right now I just needed my stuff.

I dont have much,just clothes really. Obviously my cell phone and charger but apart from that nothing.  What else does a dead man need?

I rushed in,grabbed my stuff and flung it into a bag before flitting out my window and taking all the strain on my legs as I landed. I sprung into the woods and changed courses as I made my way to the small village miles from the packhouse.

Grace had really changed my outlook on everything. A tinge of guilt hit when I saw the life fade from my victims eyes.

That never happened before Grace.  But now every time I hunt,when the light in their eyes fades I hurt. Its like these emotions I feel for Grace are slowly rippling all over me and changing the monster I am into something else.

All this in what? 4 days? I love this girl in 4 days. The mate thing can be a little weird,its crazy fast but I dont think id change it if I could. 

I sighed out and ran my hand through my hair before wiping the red from my lips. I already cleared the body so now just had to get back to Grace. She should still be asleep but it differs from person to person. 

Bless her. All this with Rachel,Maria,evacuating to New York and now her mate drugging her. She doesnt need all this shit and if I had the strength to walk away I would. She deserves better but I couldn't do it. I couldn't leave her. Plus the heat would kill her.