Chapter 42

"We were so worried that you would leave us!" Tamaki said and I rolled my eyes when I was brought into a group hug of Haruhi, Tamaki, and me.

"I never planned to leave. I came to this school for a reason in the first place. If I wanted to go to Lobelia then I would have applied there." Haruhi said and the boys started to remove their dresses only to be wearing pants underneath. I wonder how they got Kyoya to even put it on. I smiled a little at the thought.

I felt eyes on me so I looked around to see everyone was waiting for my answer to the question.

"I go where Haruhi goes." I said repeating the line from before when the zuka had asked for an answer from me. It was all I could say at the moment. I couldn't really say I would stay behind. What would I be staying back for? The host club? they would move on once we were gone. or at least when I was gone. Mori? he seemed to not really care not to long ago and just wanted to get on my nerves by being his bi polar self. Friends? I don't get attached to people anyways.

I felt an ache in my chest just hearing my own thoughts.

How sad.

But I do not play the self pity card. I hate it. I hate it so much. I don't care if I am hurting on the inside. I don't want people to tell me it will be alright and that I can get through whatever I am going through. I don't want to be patted on the back and then be ignored when they think I am perfectly fine from the little chat.

But I don't care. I am tough on the outside. And that's what my family needs me to be. Tough. I remember this one time I was week around my family after mom had died. Haruhi was surprised at my actions. she didn't know what to think, though she loved me all the same. It was my dad's reaction that shook the base of our family. Granted, I did suddenly place everything on his shoulders, that would make anyone wobble under the pressure. But my dad completely freaked out. At first he was excited, then sad, then determined, then suddenly depressed. I had let the weight  off my shoulders for only a second. And I never did it again after that.

I know what you may be think. There are multiply things you could be thinking.

one. Suck it up, and what I say to that is that, I will and nit because of your opinion on me. I could really care less. so until then, shut up, and let me vent my thoughts, these are my thoughts. I invited you to listen to them and see my story. I can talk to myself all I want. In fact I have more conversations in my head than I do with other people.

Two, who would let their daughter take all the weight at such a young age, it doesn't seem reasonable. Let me stop you on that one. Yes, that's not the right thing to do. And I do love my father. That's why I took it off his shoulders. He was depressed. He just lost the love of his life and was left to raise two little girls on his own. So that's why Haruhi and me decided to be the best we could be, I took the weight of the family as quickly as I could so my dad could recover. I love my dad. He can bring a smile to my face when I am having the worst days. and I enjoy his stories about his day.

Three, I feel bad for you or I'm very concerned for you. That is a lot of pressure and I wish I could help fix things for you. Let me stop you right there. I. Don't. Want. Pity. I don't want your worries. I'm a fictional character. I can only break so much. And I will still be fine. We all got bruises, even the fictional characters. It's how we handle the bruises that make us who we are.

Four, how dare she break the fourth wall. My apologies. I will fix it later..... maybe. Everyone breaks the forth wall around here. There's no point in fixing it now.

I could still feel two pairs of eyes on me. I knew who they were so I pulled out my book and started to read. I've had enough human communication for the day.