Chapter 12

'' P-Pri-Prison of s-souls? '' Miyako read out loud and her eyes slowly widened with horror. I could see that the fear was taking over her again, so I quickly put my hand on her shoulder, making her turn around and look at me.

'' Don't lose faith in yourself, '' I seriously said and kept staring at the door that was before us. '' No matter what happens... Never lose faith, because faith is all we got, '' I continued and put my hand on the handle. '' I'm going to open the door now and from now on, I'm going to need you do exactly what I say, okay? '' I asked and slowly narrowed my eyes, staring at the handle that I was holding. My skills were telling me that there was something big hidden behind that door. I could easily see that it was made of a special material, very similar to the one that weapon creators used to make swords, daggers and other things like that, that were specialised to block magic.

Miyako quickly nodded. '' O-Okay. ''

I took a deep breath and then slowly pushed down the handle. Then I carefully opened the door and looked inside. My eyes instantly widened with shock at the sight of what was inside. I could see only darkness and between that small balls of energy, floating in the air. Then I saw something else, standing between that. I felt how my body instantly began to shake with horror, then I took a step back and stared at Miyako: '' Get away! ''

She looked at me with wide eyes and already wanted to move, but it was to late. The next second a dark figure already flew outside. When it came past me I felt how wind threw me back. I flew through the air, then I quickly did a flip and landed on one of the spikes that were coming from the ground, still staring at the monster with shock.

The Reaper, it was the Reaper of souls. It was about half the size of the giant Riku and I fought with the Hellforce, wearing a black cloak and carrying a scythe on it's back. Then the Reaper slowly raised it's head and a deep voice started resounding through the air: '' Who dares to go against the Reaper? ''

I was so afraid that I wanted to scream and run away, but I knew that it wasn't an option. I slowly clenched my fist and then looked at Miyako that was sitting on the ground. Her whole body was shaking with fear and she was crying.

'' Miyako! '' I yelled and narrowed my eyes.

She quickly looked at me.

'' Go! '' I screamed and pointed at the opened door behind us. '' Go and find Yukari's soul! ''

She looked completely in shock, but she still slowly stood up and nodded. '' B-But what are y-you going to do? ''

A smirk appeared on my face and I slowly pulled out my red sword. '' I'm going to keep company to the big guy right here! Don't worry about me! Just go! Go! ''

She quickly nodded and ran in the darkness that was behind the huge metal door, while I slowly looked at the Reaper again. Then I let out a sad sigh. Sometimes I really had no idea why did I always find the need to get in to trouble... It was Riku's fault that I became like that. If I wouldn't meet him a month ago I would probably say no to Miyako's help request. If I wouldn't meet him then I probably wouldn't be up against a monster like the Reaper...

I let out another sigh, before I started concentrating. There was no point in thinking about this right now. That was just how things were. And what I had to do was get over the problem. To fight.

Suddenly an image of Arashi appeared in my head and I couldn't help it but to think that maybe he was right. If I wouldn't be so stubborn and pushing people away all the time, then I would have another fighter by my side.

Okay, I really needed to stop remembering all of my mistakes before a fight. It was really depressing.

'' You dare fight me? '' the deep voice of the Reaper asked.