Chapter 18

My eyes were wide and I felt how my hands were shaking with fear. No matter if I knew that I wasn't in danger right now, that we weren't on the battle ground, I still couldn't help it but to be slightly afraid of Kei. That was just how things were, and it wasn't just the fact that he was about a meter taller than me and full of muscles. I already fought with him, I witnessed his power and I felt what he was capable of doing. One of the main reasons why I was so afraid of him was because I knew that there was a big chance that I was going to get involved in a fight with him in the future and that with my current strength... there was no way that I would win.  

Kei stopped in front of me and looked at me with slight narrowed eyes. I tossed my head back and stared back at him, trying to look as serious and bored as it was possible.  

Kei didn't change much from the last time I saw him. His face was still covered with piercings, but over his usual dark clothes he also wore a black and grey armour, covered with spikes and things like that, making him look even more scary, together with the huge black sword that he was carrying around.  

Then Kei suddenly smirked and said: '' You're shaking. You're scared. Is that the reason why you didn't try to escape from here yet? ''  

My eyes slightly widened, then I quickly frowned and crossed my arms. '' I'm not scared, '' I muttered and looked away. '' And I didn't try to escape, because I decided to hear what you have to tell me. '' 

Kei seemed a little bit surprised by what he said, then he nodded and looked at the other people in the arena. I almost couldn't believe my eyes when I noticed how the second Kei stepped in to the room everyone instantly stood up straight and got serious, except for Onoki, that didn't even seem to notice.  

Kei's red eyes slowly traveled through the faces of some of the members of his guild. '' You're training, that's good, because it means that you want to become stronger and you believe that you can. But I think now's the time for a brake. The other men that were together with me on my mission brought back a present. There'll be a party in the dining rooms tonight so you can all have a little fun. ''  

Mizuki was the first one that reacted to that. She started jumping around and then began doing a silly happy dance with another guy that was standing nearby. In just a few seconds everyone except for Karoku, Nai and Tsukimo already left the room, probably in the direction of the dining rooms that I haven't seen yet. The truth was that I was quite confused at first, but then I remembered what Riku always told me.  

Even if we were trapped in this video game, it was still our life for now and there was nothing that we could do about it except live it to it's fullest. And that was what the Demon alliance seemed to be doing, which surprised me, considering that I still didn't have a clear view about who exactly were they.  

Kei looked at Tsukimo, Nai and Karoku that were all standing in line in front of him. Karoku was still the same as usually, but to my surprise Tsukimo was bowing her head, while Nai just stayed serious. That showed me that at least the last two actually admired and respected Kei as their leader.  

Kei showed them a slight smile and gestured in the direction of the door where the others disappeared to. '' When I said that there'll be a party I meant that all the members of my guild can join, well, except for the fuckers that are still on missions, they'll have to wait for the next one. But considering that I arrived here, you three finished your job with babysitting Natsumi, so you can all go and enjoy a free night. ''  

'' Hey! '' I snapped. '' The term babysitter is just offensive. ''  

Kei just ignored me and nodded at Tsukimo, Karoku and Nai again. Karoku nodded back at him and vanished in to thin air, teleporting himself away, which was one of the special skills of strong magicians. Tsukimo sighed and pushed her white bangs out of her face. '' Finally a break from Natsumi... '' she muttered and smiled with happiness.