Chapter 38

The sun was shining on the sky above Shirtsume, making the ocean that was next to the small village sparkle in pretty blue colours. The gentle sea breeze was blowing through the lively streets. The village was just starting to wake up, people were opening the few shops and inns that they had, they began preparing breakfast, fixing their boats so they could go fishing or just harvest fruit from their plantations. All that calmness and peacefulness suddenly got destroyed when angry screams began resounding through the air. 

'' EH?! 500 PRIYOS FOR TWO SIMPLE LOOK CHANGING POTIONS?! YOU THIEF! YOU SHOULD BE THROWN IN JAIL! '' I screamed and hit the counter with my fist. 

The guy that was standing behind it crossed his arms and frowned with annoyance. It turned out that the person that owned the only magic shop in this village was actually the guy that offered us a ride to the mountain pass the last time we were here. But he wasn't really a magician, he just made living from selling magic items, well, he actually made living from stealing money from other players considering how high his prices were. 

'' You know there aren't many players coming to our village, well, except for criminals, '' he seriously replied, frowning at me. '' So it isn't a surprise that my prices are high. If they would be lower than that then I would make no profit. ''  

'' Don't you try to lecture me! '' I screamed and pointed at him with anger. Then I mockingly grinned. '' Well, now I at leas know why players don't like to come here. It's obvious, '' I said, and snickered. 

The guy just kept staring at me with a serious expression on his face. '' You're annoying. ''  

That caused me to start yelling again. I was in a really bad mood because Waru and I were forced to sleep on the beach the previous night. Well, we weren't really forced, I kind of made us sleep there, but it wasn't my fault that the prices everywhere in this little village were so high. '' You are trying to rob me, '' I dramatically cried, buried my face in to my hands and began fake-sobbing, hoping to make him lower his price at that. 

The guy stared at me with an impassive look on his face. '' You're not only annoying, but you also think that I'm stupid, putting on a fake performance like that. '' The corners of his mouth lifted in to a smirk. '' 500 priyos... Each. ''  

I froze, while Waru that was standing behind me, looking bored, sweatdropped. Then I slowly raised my head from my hands, with a dark aura surrounding me and a creepy glint in my eyes. '' That's it! '' I yelled and began cracking my knuckles. '' Give us the two potions for two hundred priyos, which is a reasonable price or else! '' I threatened, staring at him with anger. 

The guy stayed impassive. '' Trying to scare me won't work either. You're just making me mad. One thousand priyos, each. We can do this the whole day you know. The price will just keep getting higher and higher, I don't mind because at the end I'll be the one that'll make more money. ''  

I froze again, then I went in my emo corner and began sulking, with a dark aura surrounding me. '' I'm out of ideas... '' I whispered with sadness. '' You really do hate me... ''  

At the end I had to buy the two potions for one thousand priyos. Waru literally had to hold me back while the vendor pulled the money from my hand. Now we were walking up the mountain, in the direction of the mountain pass where we got attacked the last time. Waru was stepping next to me, his expressionless black eyes were slowly scanning our surroundings, while I was moving with my head lowered and a gloomy aura surrounding me. 

'' That bastard... That thief... '' I whispered. 

Waru's black eyes moved to me again. '' Why did we have to buy those potions again? ''