Chapter 63

This water wolf was a bitch, a serious nasty bitch. No matter how many times I tried to stab it, the blade of my katana always hit just water, while I, not having the wonderful ability to turn parts of my body in to liquid, got hurt by every single one of it's attacks. I had no idea that waves of water could actually cut so deep in to my skin and through parts of my armour, just like knives. 

Another thing that I learned today that I never thought I will was the fact that a wolf's stomach smelled worse than three months old used socks. It was also very strange, like I was in a closed place, half filled with smelly water that was trying to pull me down and drown me. But I wasn't going to let it, I was struggling for the past few minutes, gasping for air every time my head reached the surface and then fighting again. The situation wasn't very good, because even if everything was dark around me, except for the circle made of magic that was floating a few meters away from me, I could still feel the water that was becoming red and the light smell of blood in the air. I could only hope that it wasn't all me, but maybe someone else that the wolf ate before that. 

'' Let go! '' I yelled when water wrapped around my katana, trying to pull it away from me. Then my mouth got filled with water again, when I was dragged under the surface again. I began struggling, kicking around me and scratching. With my free hand I grabbed my last dagger and stabbed the side of the wolf's stomach with it, causing some of the water pressure to go, making me able to swim up again and start gasping for air and coughing.  

A moment later a water whip already wrapped around my arm again. I groaned with anger and quickly began moving again. I managed to pull my katana away, then I sliced with it through the whip that was holding on to my arm, causing the water to fall down again. I began breathing heavily, standing up in the wolf's stomach and listening, trying to hear where the next attack was going to come from. Even if I couldn't see, I managed to predict one earlier, which probably saved me from drowning. I knew that I could do it, I just needed to concentrate and not think about the stinging pain in the numerous cuts and bruises on my body and specially forget about the wound on my back. That was where the water managed to cut through my armour and deep in to my skin. The other wounds weren't very serious, I was used to getting bruised when I trained, but this one hurt like hell.  

I heard the waves of the water behind me and instantly turned around, cutting a whip that was trying to hit me, then I quickly jumped back, stumbling for a few steps to dodge some kind of bullet made of water or another similar massive thing that I heard moving in my direction. Water was strong, much stronger than I expected it to be, but even if I was inside the wolf's stomach and it seemed like all hope was lost, it still had a weakness, I could hear drops of it as it moved. 

Not to mention that there was another reason why I couldn't let this monster defeat me. There was something else besides the life that was still ahead of me. I was a gamer, there was no level boss that I didn't defeat. No matter how strong it was, somehow, I always found a way. 

I took a few deep breaths, while my eyes kept moving from one side of the darkness that was surrounding me to the other. When nothing happened I quickly took the chance to try to move to the circle made of magic that was floating only ten meters away from me, but after taking a few steps the water that was up to almost my waist, moved, causing me to fall down again.  

I began struggling under water once more, but I could feel how the force of it was stronger this time. It wouldn't let go of my feet and it started dragging me further and further away from the glowing seal, my only hope to defeat the wolf monster. My eyes widened when it disappeared from my sight and I got surrounded by pure and endless darkness. Water was trying to get in my mouth and in my nose, drowning me before pulling me away. After a few moments I stopped struggling and fighting it, but not because I gave up. I didn't abandon hope, not yet, there was still something else I could do.