Chapter 49

'' Natsumi, it's going to be no fun defeating you if you won't put your spirit in the fight in the first place! I mean, how can I crush it otherwise! '' Kaito's voice rang in my head, causing me to snap out of my thoughts and quickly dodge the blade that slashed in my direction and take a few steps back. I looked at him again and narrowed my eyes. 

He was right, not about crushing my spirit, but about me putting effort in this fight. I should, everyone was excited for this, it was the final battle after all, where I was facing Kaito from FATE. But I couldn't really focus in the fight because I was thinking about other things. The notice that we received this morning was troubling me more than anything else in the world. Apparently yesterday, during the second fight when Rin was facing Kaito he actually won, but today Rin disappeared, together with Mero, getting the Knights of the Kingdom disqualified from the competition. I was worried, because I had no idea what happened last night after Mero told me to leave, but I asked Tsukimo, Nai and Riku that were here and didn't have anything better to do anyway, to ask around a little in case anyone heard or saw anything. 

'' I'm sorry that I have more important things to worry about than you, '' I snapped and blocked the blade that went in my direction again, glaring at Kaito. 

He smirked with amusement. '' Oh, really? You aren't worried about me? Well you should be. If you think that master cares about the rules of this level you are wrong, the only reason me or Mitsuru haven't killed you yet is because right now it is more convenient for us. ''  

'' I know, you're looking for that person, '' I seriously replied and waved with my sword in his direction. I wasn't too concentrated in the fight right now so he easily dodged it and frowned at me. 

'' So you know about that too? Oh right, I remember, I heard that the bitch with blue hair told you before they took her away! '' he replied and then instantly smirked at the way my eyes widened with shock. 

'' M-Mero, '' I stuttered with surprise, then I pointed at him with my sword and yelled: '' What happened? Where is she? ''  

Kaito's blue eyes sparkled with amusement. It seemed like my anger was entertaining him. '' Why don't we do a little information trade? You tell me what happened with my ex partner Oyuki and I'll tell you what you want to know. ''  

I carefully stared at him for a moment, not really surprised that he didn't know what happened to Oyuki. She probably disappeared from Blackthorne forever and was hiding in another dark guild or something like that. '' I forced her to tell me some information that she shouldn't and that was why she disappeared because she knew that otherwise Renshou, your lovely guild master, would kill her, '' I finally said. 

Kaito's eyebrows raised up. '' Really? Okay, I can tell that to master to get further orders. And you want to know about your friend now, right? '' He smirked and said: '' The Knights of the Kingdom developed a new thing that you probably haven't heard of yet. They have a special prison for some players that do different crimes... That bitch got thrown out of the short guy's group and taken there for betraying her guild and giving classified information to another very dangerous traitor and killer. '' 

My eyes widened again, then I clenched my fingers in to fists and frowned, thinking about the situation. Mero got thrown in jail because of the information that she told me and that was enough for me to instantly decide to save her. I would prefer to go help her right now before something bad could happen to her, but I knew that Rea probably wouldn't forgive me if I would leave the guild showdown like that. 

I closed my eyes for a moment and took a deep breath. Then I placed myself in a fighting position and opened them again, staring at Kaito that was carefully watching my every move. '' We are going to have to end this quickly, '' I muttered, then I suddenly leaped forward, raising my sword above my head. I slashed through the air in his direction, but he quickly raised one of his arms, blocking it with the blade that was attached to it, with his smirk widening.