Chapter 62

Masashi stumbled back, holding the wounded side of his stomach with one hand and his sword with his other one. He looked like he was in panic, there was sweat gathering on his forehead and his scared green eyes were flashing in the direction of a pile of pieces of metal, the only thing that was left of his shield. His behaviour was nothing like the famous Masashi Kazama, the leader of the Knights of the Kingdom, that everyone knew and either admired or feared, but the reason he was acting so out of character was because he was badly wounded and was starting to get worried. Worried that he was going to die. 

Worried that I was going to kill him. 

And he was completely right to be afraid, because I was planning to do just that. 

I slowly stepped forward, clenching my fingers around the black and red handle of my katana. My eyes were narrowed, I was still blinded by fury, feeling absolutely no mercy for Masashi. He deserved to die and I was going to kill him, ruthlessly, making him suffer as much as I'll be able to.

'' You... I won't let you... '' I quietly murmured, taking another step forward. '' I won't let you hurt me or... Or anyone else I care for anymore... '' I continued, taking another few steps closer to Masashi, while channeling Live points in my katana, causing the blade to slowly start turning from silver in to a bright red colour that resembled flames. 

'' N-No, d-don't kill me, '' he stuttered and then suddenly coughed, causing blood to drip down from his mouth. 

I stared at him with a serious expression on my face. This was his true nature, when his life depended on it he showed that he was nothing more than trash. Instead of holding his weapon and fighting for what he believed in, he got down on his knees and begged for me to spare his life.  

'' No... '' I whispered and tossed my head on one side. The corners of my mouth lifted in to a scary smirk, then I burst in to laughter. '' I'm not going to spare your life, you are going to die! '' I said and raised my katana above my head, still smiling like a maniac. '' Any last words? ''  

'' I never thought... That a girl like you would turn in such a monster, '' he whispered, looking at me with fear. 

I instantly froze and my eyes slowly widened. Then I stared at the man that was still on his knees, begging me to spare his life, with a horrified expression on my face.  

A monster... I really was a monster, wasn't I? 

I wasn't better than him. 

I was even worse than him. 

I dropped the katana from my hands and collapsed on my knees, holding my head and screaming. I was a murderer, I killed three people already and I was planning to kill another one, without any regret. What was wrong with me?! Why was I like that?! It would've been better for everyone if I would've stayed in that hell I was in when Waru killed me. I should've stayed there, in the darkness forever, losing myself piece by piece and feeling nothing.  

The thought of going back there scared me more than anything else in the world. That place was in my nightmares almost every single night and I remembered it every time I closed my eyes. But maybe it was the right way for someone like me to go to. In that place that was between life and death I couldn't hurt myself or anyone else anymore.  

'' You are dead now! '' Masashi suddenly yelled. I raised my head and stared at his sword, swinging down in my direction with shock. He was standing up again, he obviously took advantage of the panic attack that I had after the words that he pronounced earlier. It was a smart move, he caught me of guard and I couldn't do anything anymore. His sword was too close and mine was too far away for me to grab it try to stop his attack. My eyes were wide and I could already see it, death was so close, soon I was going to leave this world forever. Just a few other centimetres before his sword will touch my head and then it will all finally be over, everything.