Chapter 52

I staggered back, kneeled on the ground and leaned on my left hand. When it touched the floor I instantly flinched and raised it again, looking at my palm. My vision blurred a little at the sight of the burned red flesh and blood that was dripping from the wounds. Then I quickly clenched my fingers in to a fist, gritting with my teeth at the pain before I pulled the scarf that Kei gave me long ago from my neck and quickly wrapped it around my palm and up my arm. 

Then I quickly did a flip, rolled away, stood up again and ran behind a pile of rocks, dodging the fireballs that Aidou was throwing at me. I squatted down and frowned at the scenery around me. There were flames everywhere, covering the top floor we were on and that heat was already terrible enough, not to mention that my body was covered with burns too. Aidou was lucky and managed to hit me first. That was enough to make my fighting skills worse considering that I couldn't concentrate well with the constant stinging sensation around the wounds that I had. 

I was going to have to come up with something soon because so far my odds of winning weren't looking too well. 

Suddenly a figure flashed through the flames that were burning around the pile of rocks I was hiding behind. Aidou appeared in front of me, with a crazy grin spread across his face. My eyes widened with surprise and I took a few steps back, but I was too slow. He easily created some kind of whip made of fire and caused it to wrap around me. I let out a paralysing scream when my skin burned again, then my body got thrown at a nearby wall. I fell on the ground, letting out another cry of pain. My vision began to blurry when I watched the blisters that began appearing on the new burns on my body, then I suddenly noticed something that was laying next to me. The belt that still had four potions with the explosion powder hanging from it. 

It wasn't a very bright idea that I got the next moment, but it was still better than get hit by Aidou's fire whip again. I reached out with my hand, grabbed the belt and pulled one of the small bottles from it. Without thinking about it any further, there was no time for that anyway, I threw it the direction of Aidou that was walking closer.  

I heard how he screamed when the powder in the glass bottle caused an explosion, while my body got thrown away by the force of it. I quickly pulled out my sword and sticked it in to the ground, a moment before I would fall over the edge of the third floor. Then I noticed how the ground around the place where the powder exploded began collapsing and suddenly I found myself falling too. I screamed with surprised and reached up with my hand, trying to hold myself on to something, but it was hopeless. It was still like that fall lasted more than it actually did and while I was crashing down to the second floor for a moment my surroundings flashed and turned in to something that already happened. It was just that back then instead of flames everything around me was black. 

I laid on the ground, trying to breath as normally as I could and concentrate again. My whole body was shaking because of the pain, but I was determined. I wasn't going to lose, I had to win. It was just important for me to put my feelings away for a few moments so I wouldn't hesitate. 

'' Where are you?! '' I heared Aidou's furious scream nearby. '' Where are you?! I'm going to kill you for what you've done too me! ''  

I slowly leaned on my hands first and looked at them for a few moments, while drops of blood fell on my fingers. It was my blood and this whole situation was scary, but I wasn't afraid. I didn't feel anything. I slowly stood up, holding my sword with my hand that was still shaking for some kind of reason. 

'' There you are! '' Aidou yelled and I slowly turned around to face him. 

My eyes slightly widened with shock for a moment before I became serious again. One half of his face got completely melted during the explosion and the sight of the burned meat was making me want to throw up, just like the smell that was in the air, but I ignored that and prepared. There was something that I was holding in my other hand and now I threw it at Aidou again, it was one of the bottles with the explosion powder that I managed to keep before I fell in the second floor.