Chapter 9

Andy's P.O.V

"Get in! We're gonna be late!" Emily shouts from her car as she pushes the door open for me. I quickly rush into the car and she speeds off before I can completely close the door.

"We wouldn't be late if you would just wake up on time." I complain as I open my book.

"We both know I will never wake up on time, but it wasn't my fault this time." She says with a grunt, I frown in confusion.

"It was mine!" David exclaims popping his head between our seats, causing Emily to swerve.

"Oh my God!" I exclaim, clutching my chest and the side handle of my car door.

"David what have I told you about your energy levels in the morning?" Emily says annoyed.

"To tone it down." He responds sinking into his seat like a wounded puppy.

"I'm here too." I look around my seat to see Nate sitting comfortably with a smile.

"Are you like a taxi now or something?" I ask Emily in surprise, knowing that she hated anyone in her car. 

"It wasn't my decision, David showed up at my house along with that thing and I had no choice." She responds angrily.

"I have a name." Nate pipes in.

"Do you really want to test me Smith?" She asks in a seriously scary voice, "just because Andy forgave you doesn't mean I will. Watch.Your.Back." She finishes slowly. 

I check on Nate, his face seems pale and lifeless. Emily could be extremely scary when she got serious and I pitied the person on the other side of her wrath and right now that person was Nate.

Not after long we arrived in school and all eyes were plastered on the four of us as we walked towards the school. We were together a lot during school but this was the first time we were arriving to school together. It felt like one of those movie scenes, when they walk through the halls with their 'squad', it was strange but I liked it. 

David dragged a reluctant Emily away and I was left with Nate.

It was the first time Nate and I were alone together since we made up, before we would talk effortlessly for hours, but now it felt strange and awkward. 

"No book today?" He asks breaking the silence.

"It's in my bag, have you finished yours?" I ask as we start walking.

"Nah, I'm taking my time with it, focusing on the details." He replies seriously.

"You become so intense when you talk about tattoos."

"Because it's what I love," he responds passionately," you love your books and I love my tattoos. If I had more skin I'd have more tattoos." He states as we stop at his locker.

"That would make you look even scarier." 

"I don't look scary, I look expressive." He responds.

"Keep telling yourself that and maybe one day it'll come true." I reply as he grabs a snack from his locker, I frown in confusion and peep my head inside.

"What the hell Nate." I say as I looked inside of his locker in shock.

 This wasn't a locker, it was a kitchen. There were rows of different snacks, a stack of gums, some drinks and more. They were all laid out neatly and there was even a little bottle opener hanging on the side.

"Is that tomato sauce?", he nods. "Why the hell would you have tomato sauce?"

"For my apples."