Chapter 25

(DO NOT PLAY SONG TIL I SAY PLZ)

Andy's P.O.V

I open my eyes slowly, blinking a few times before I focus on the light above me. My eyes wander around as I try to sit up, I was in a small, colourful room. I assumed I was in some sort of hospital facility, I was hooked up to an IV drop and the room smelt like plastic gloves. 

I close my eyes and I rub my forehead, I could hear the faint sound of the music from the festival. My head still felt foggy as I struggled to remember what happened. I felt a sharp pang in the back of my head and winced in pain. I hear the door knob rattling and my eyes shoot open in the direction of the door. Nate walks in slowly, he didn't notice I was awake with his back facing me. He closed the door behind him quietly before bringing his head up, his eyes meeting my own. They widened in shock before he rushed over to me.

"Andy!" He says, his voice sounded tired and sad. He sat beside my bed holding my hands and squeezing them tightly, his warmth surrounded my cold body and I gave him a weak smile. He returned it leaning forward to kiss my forehead before sitting back down.

"Hey." I try to say, but it comes out like a weak, strained whisper. I frown at my voice touching my throat gently, I looked up at Nate whose eyes just become tainted with sadness.

Play the song

"I'm so sorry Andy." He said looking down, "this is all my fault. I didn't listen, you told me you were tired but I didn't listen. How could I not see that you were not feeling well? How could I be so stupid?" His voice cracking a little at the end, he bends his head down in shame. 

I didn't plan on telling him that it wasn't his fault because it was. He should of listened to me when I said I couldn't continue, but it was also my fault for not putting my foot down. 

"What happened?" I strain to ask, my brain was in scrambles and what happened only came to me in bits and pieces. Nate looks up at me, his shoulders slumping at the question and his eyes shutting tightly. He took a deep breath before looking at me with broken eyes.

"I...um. I looked to my side to tell you something when I realised you weren't next to me, I turned around to see you far behind us. I started walking towards you, I thought you were just being lazy, but you weren't." He says with a sigh, "the closer I got I realised you looked...weak. You started wobbling a little, struggling to stand still. I started running towards you, but there were so many people, they slowed me down. When I finally got closer, you stretched out your hand like you were trying to grasp onto something.....me maybe. But I wasn't there. I should've been there. Your eyes rolled back, by the time I got to you....you already fell. I was too late. I called your name over and over but you didn't answer, you didn't move, your body was on fire, you were barely breathing. I picked you up and ran here, it was the scariest thing I've ever experienced. Your body was lifeless, your eyes kept rolling........and it was all because of me." He finishes avoiding my eyes as he removed his hands from my own.

I look at him as I see him slowly crumbling before me, he looked so broken. I wanted to hold him, forgetting I was the one who was sick. I hated seeing him like this, sadness didn't suit him and I felt my heart breaking slightly seeing him in this state of guilt.

"Na-"

"The doctor said that your body isn't accustom to so much exercise or movement, so the trip is taking a lot out of you. I shouldn't have pushed you so hard." He says, his voice cracking again. "Your hands feel like ice, you look so pale, you can't even say a full sentence and I'm the cause of all this."

"Way to make a girl feel pretty." I reply and he frowns at me.

"This isn't funny Andy. I had one job....one job! Keep you safe. I just had to make sure you were safe.....but I couldn't even do that." He finishes looking at me with glassy eyes.

"Nate, I'm fine now. I forgive you, so forgive yourself please. It hurts me more to see you like this." I say straining to talk as I lean over to take his hand but stop when I feel the pang in my head causing me to wince. Nate's eyes shoot up to me, engulfed in worry as his eyes examined me ferociously for the source.

"Your head." He said softly touching it gently, "the doctor left some pills for that, he said you may get some pains for the next few days."

He handed me a small bag with some green capsules and I downed them with a glass of water by the table next to me. The pain went away almost instantly and I sighed in content.

"I'm a horrible boyfriend."

"No your not. Your the best thing that's ever happened to me and I'm not going to watch you self-destruct because of something like this." I say sternly but he doesn't meet my eyes.

"I am! I can't even look after you right, I don't deserve you." He says and I feel my heart breaking at the words.

"Nate, stop it."

"I should of known!" He shouts and I ignore the pain that it causes in my head, it would just make him feel worse.

"Well you didn't and that's okay! Your human Nate, you were having a good time and I can't blame you for being happy." I say struggling to carry on the conversation. "Now get in, I need your warmth." I say shifting to make room for him in the small bed.

He looked at me still depressed but climbed into the bed after a while, I snuggled into him absorbing to warmth radiating off of him. The pills were making me drowsy and I felt myself slowly dozing off.

"I'm sorry." Nate whispers and I sigh kissing him softly.

"Its okay." I reply snuggling back into his chest.

It was going to be harder to get Nate over his guilt than it would be for me to recover. I'd never seen him look so broken or hurt before, I guess me fainting like that really shook something in him. 

I slowly dozed off trying to figure out how I'd fix this.

---------------------------------------------

Waaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!! I seriously hate my writing.

My poor children!!! 

Thoughts?

Anybody cried?

Make sure to vote, comment and share. 

Thanks for reading!

Until next time,

Byeeeeeeeeee humans.