•Disaster• *

"But Alexa! We need you" Alex whines
"Alexander! I told you. I'm not playing that silly game with you. That game has only been heard of in Harry Potter books!" I yell back. "It's real though, please!!! You are the best person who catches that and all other positions!" He complains. "You mean seeker. It's seeker, dumbass! Plus I can't ride brooms. Witches don't do that!" I protest then remember what he's talking about. "And I'm not a witch!" I remind. "You are a quarter witch. I searched it up! And yes they do, when they want to!" He argues.

Really? "Alexander. You can't even fly the broom either" I remind "Yes I can. I'm 15% wizard!" He says. How the hell did he find out?! "No, now stop. I just came by to tell you, Lucas is going to present me to the Coven two days from today, and I want you to be there. You and the pack. I have to go. I have to inform the pack back in the west" I sigh as I get ready to leave.

"The ones we saved?" He asks. "Exactly," I say. "Oh. Alpha... Maddox, yeah him. He wanted to meet you, but I told him to go to hell. So will you play Quidditch!?" He asks and I hit him. "No! Gosh, Alexander. Give me the phone number" I say. He gives it to me and grumbles. I sigh and leave the pack house, waving to the pack. I dial his phone number on my phone. "Alpha Maddox speaking" I hear. For some reason, I blush, remembering when I kissed him on the cheek. Shit.

"Uhm. Alpha Maddox. It's Alpha Summers. First off, I want to apologize for my governor's actions. I had no idea" I apologize. "It's quite alright Alpha Summers," He says smoothly. "Please call me Alexa" I find myself saying. Wtf is wrong with me? "Well, then you can call me, Ryder. So Alexa. What was it that you needed?" He asks. I shiver. "I called to see what you wanted to speak to me for," I say softly. "Of course. I wanted to talk to you about an alliance" he says. My eyebrows raise. "Really?" I ask.

"Yes really. How about dinner at 7:00. I'll pick you up?" He says. "Sure. I'm actually at my mate, the King Lucas's kingdom" I say smoothly. That's when I remember my mate. "Good, I'll get to meet your mate before dinner. See you" he says and I forget what I was thinking. "See you Ryder" I hang up and smile. I get into my car and head off to give my invitation, then go home to shower and get ready.

*********

"Hey, babe. Where are you going, all sexy-like that?" My mate mentions as he comes in. "Hey, babe. What do you mean sexy, it's business fancy" I reply, kissing his cheek. "Well you look sexy in anything" he compliments. "Thank you, baby. I'm going out to dinner with Ryder Maddox" I answer. He looks at me through the mirror as I'm putting on my earrings. "Isn't he one of the ones you went to... To his pack to get women?" He asks. I hear the annoyance. "Yeah him. He only does that to those who deserve to be punished for doing something out of rules. And I kinda get it because they should have known it was a rule. Well, he's taking me to dinner to talk about an alliance. He's bound to be here in some good five minutes. There. How do I look?" I say simply. Inside I'm like WTF, am I saying?

"Great. I'm going on a walk. Don't want your little friend to think I'm holding you back" he mutters. I look at him confused. "Lucas wai-" I begin. "I have to go" he cuts me off. I try to hold his hand but he shoves me off and I fall onto the bed. He looks at me with a masked expression and then uses his vampire speed to get out of the room. I feel a tear slip from my eyes when there's a knock. I wipe my tear and say enter to whoever is there.

"Alpha, Mr. Maddox, is here," June says. "Okay, thank you. Tell him I'll be down in a minute" I tell her. "Yes Alpha," she says. She leaves and I sigh. I stand up, fix my dress and my necklace. The necklace Lucas gave me. I take it off and flung it at the wall in raw anger. I pick up another simple necklace and put it on before walking down the steps. I look and see Ryder staring at me. I smile tightly. "Ryder, welcome" I smile softly.