•Last Day• *

"Where are the kids?" I ask after some time. "I got Carlos and his beloved to care for them" Lucas explains. "Oh, well that's nice. Am I okay now?" I ask as my eyes are closed. "Yes, my dear," he says. "Well now that I'm done, you go get the kids. Go on dear" I tell him.
"Okay, okay, you win" he laughs. He starts walking off before I go to him and pull him into a hug and I kiss him deeply. He kisses me back and when we pull away for air he looks at me lovingly. Five days after the call... "I'm just going for the kids" he reminds.

"I know but I just felt like it. Remember that I love you. Okay?" I tell him. "Okay, babe. I love you too, so much, Alexandria. I don't know what I'd do if anything happened to you" He confesses. "You would live and care for our children and make them into the best men possible and the girls into young ladies and find yourself someone who would love you for who you are" I order him. "I could never love someone as much as I love you," he says. "Maybe but I'd want you to be happy" I continue. "But that's never happening. We are going to die old together. Right?" He asks. "... Right. Go on now, Luke. Tell them I love them a lot and to never forget that" I say.

"And why are you so sensitive?" He asks as he realizes everything I'm saying. "It must be emotions from the heat. Like how a normal human woman gets periods" I say. "Ah okay," he says, clearly uncomfortable. "Just tell them that when you get there. Okay?" I say. "I will my love. God I love you, you're so beautiful" He leaves as the sun is barely going down.  I smile lightly and he waves before getting into the car and driving away, waiting to see me later.

Tears fall as I realize my promise won't be kept and I close my eyes and I wipe the tears before opening them and walking out of the house, closing the door on my way out. I see women taking care of the little one running around and they smile at me, thankful of me saving them. I smile and a little girl stumbles into me. She instantly bows. "S-sorry Alpha" she apologizes quickly, obviously expecting punishment as she flinches. "It's okay darling. No problem. It was an accident. Where are your parents?" I ask. "They are with the goddess. I am an orpan" she tries to pronounce.

"Orphan? Well, that's not right. Don't worry little one. Who do you live with?" I ask. "Gammy takes care of me but she's sick" she bows her head. "Well go in that house and tell Gamma Jennifer that I asked if she could go with you to check on your gammy." I say. "Okay! Thank you, Alpha! You are the bestest!" She hugs me and I smile lightly as I hug her back. She leaves, running on her little feet. I get a phone call and I answer quickly

-!
"I'll be there in five minutes" is all I say.
-!

I run to the gates and the person on shift opens the gate. I nod and I go out, crossing the street to a forest. I caress my necklace before I look around and shift. I walk into the forest and I look back to the pack I made with my hands, with help from the people I love. This must be done. No innocent people will die because of me. I face ahead.

***
"Ready to face our dear ex-mate," I ask my beloved wolf. "Yes. That bastard needs some punching" Dulce growls but I hear something unreadable behind her voice.
"Dulce, we are going to turn ourselves in. We can't let Maddox's family be murdered because of us. He wants me well us and he has them to make me do it" I explain.
***

She says I'm right. I run and this time... I don't look back. It would simply hurt too much if I looked at everything I was leaving behind.

*********
Hey, everyone! I'm happy to say I've been working hard to write the story, and I've been slightly successful. Since tomorrow is July fourth, I'm going to my godmother's and let me just say I'm going to be immensely bored there so I'm going to write a lot most likely. Okay, let me stop with my boring everyday life. Bye, everyone.
I don't always say this but...
Vote
Comment
Share
.....and just love it as much as I do.
~Citlali💙