•Hidden in the lake• *

-Third-person POV-

****Abandoned house*****

"Why are you here, Maddox?" One man says loudly as he leans back on his chair. "When do I get them back?" Maddox yells as he looks up to him.

"You don't yell at me! Now, what information do you bring me?" The man barks. He growls seeing how Maddox's glance is defying. "She fell for it. The potion worked but she left abruptly. I heard that she and her mate argued. I sent a vampire, that I trust, to investigate. Apparently, he trashed the place. The tracer was on her dress. She took it off. She put something else on. Then.. she jumped off the balcony. She disappeared"

Maddox looked down, doing everything to not attack the man before him. "Well, find her!" The man orders, angry. "I have been looking for her! I asked a sensitive demon. He can find anyone on the earth when their body is on the earth but she's not there. No dark angel can find her. We've searched everywhere. It's as if she never existed" Maddox explains. "Well find her or you know what happens to your mate and my little niece, cousin!" The man threatens.

Maddox flinches. "Who knew the once powerful Alpha of the European countries could be reduced to a mere servant just with having ahold of his precious mate and daughter. Ha!" The man laughs. Ryder Maddox's wolf, Ryan, growled and wanted nothing more than to kill but there were lots of wolves surrounding the man, protecting him. He knew he couldn't do anything as his mate and pup were endangered. "You will pay for this Kyle. You too Sean. One day, I'll get my revenge!" Ryan yells at the man sitting in a throne before him, Kyle Rivera.

"Ha! Ryan. Good joke. Leave! Keep searching. Soon, soon I'll have my dear mate!" Kyle orders. His eyes were full of raw, cold, hatred for everything.

*********

Far away from the abandoned house, past many forests, towns, and rivers, into the Fury Pack and inside the beautiful castle, were two men. One brooding, standing straight, his face full of concern and anger. The other was hunched over, his hair overgrown and covering his eyes, but his face full of misery and despair.

"Lucas! Just go! I'm telling you, you two have to talk!" Alexander yells. "No Alexander!" Luke protests. The man sitting stands and looks back at the man, who's an inch or so shorter. "All I'm saying, is maybe you should see what's up?" Alexander said softly. "Alexander. No. Where are the boys?" Lucas says firmly. "Where do you think? The same place they've been for three weeks... Locked up in Alexandria's old bedroom. I made the girls go play with some other kids but they won't" Alex says. Heartbroken at seeing the boys, that he cared for as if they were his nephews, depressed.

"Gov" Fred, Dean's son, yells. "What is it, Fred?" Alex says. A boy about 15, stands at the doorway after bursting in, panting. "I did as you said. A vampire told me Alpha went missing. A maid says after King Lucas left, she... jumped off the balcony. She ran and no one has seen her. It's hushed up in the vampire community" Fred explains. There is a scream heard and the man who was once sitting looks at Alex, before running, with them in tow. They open the door where the missing girl's room is and see a little boy clutching his head, with four other boys beside him.

"Tyler! What's wrong son?!" Lucas yells as he kneels to him. "Mom! She didn't want to dad! Potion! Love potion. Bad guy! The bad guy has his mate and kids! Made him do it! Mom! She's missing! Don't know. Give me your hands!" Tyler yells frantically and Lucas is utterly confused. Everyone looks scared before they all hold hands and feel a tingle. "Water! water water! hidden in... water! water! water makes her forget! water water. water....wate..r mom is in... wa... te... r" Tyler yells twice. With that, the boy faints and his father rushes and holds him up gently.

"Tyler are you okay?" I ask. He wakes up in the blink of an eye. "Dad!" Tyler hugs her father. "Mom!" He says. "I know, I will find her. Now, what was that you were saying" Lucas says, wanting to know everything. "Maddox is Top Alpha of a European pack. He's the top Alpha there. His wife and child were abducted when they came to visit Kyle, not knowing. Kyle forced Maddox to come here. He built another pack of also rogues they saved from a previous pack Kyle had destroyed" Tyler said softly. "The pack kept the name of their previous pack"

"He somehow knew before that mom was coming and he planned everything. His family is in danger. Kyle, he's back. He made Ryder Maddox put a love potion on mom. That's why it looked like mom liked him. It was easy after you and mom first got in a fight. They put a tracker then she jumped off the balcony! She disappeared. Water. She's in the water. Let me see your hand dad" Tyler sits up as he explains everything. The man looks at his other children and they nod. He places his hand in the little boy's.

The boy concentrates. "She's close. I can't be sure where but she's in the water somewhere close" Tyler says after a minute. "Alexander, how many lakes, rivers, etc are around here?" Lucas asks. "10 outside the gates and one inside. The one Alexa made" Alex says. "Send the men outside the... no. If Kyle wants to take her..." I sigh. I can't focus! "Dad. Look within your heart" I hear Turner say. I think of all my times with her. "Stay here, all of you!" Lucas runs out the door and out of the house in seconds, ready to get his mate back.

____

Meanwhile, deep in the lake, the body of a beautiful woman lied with water-made chains restraining her arms, legs and one around her throat. "All my fault. I'm sorry Lucas... I'm sorry kids" She said. Her decision made after time thinking. She said she couldn't hurt herself underwater, she was wrong. The chains are pulled harder and slowly start dragging her downward. She lets it, forcing it to pull her harder and quicker. She watches the fish watching her. She sighs one last time and thinks of her amazing mate before taking away her ability to breathe underwater.

It stings her lungs as she breathes in water and closes her eyes. The pain soon becomes numb. She writhes as more water goes in. There's a splash but she ignores it. Probably a stone she thinks, as she lets everything go.

-Lucas's POV-

I run out of the house and go to the left, passing groups of kids playing. I go faster feeling a pull, almost aching. I see the lake and rush faster, the pull growing even more. I jump in and see her. She's lying in chains made of water, around her body and neck. She is making herself drown. She made herself unable to breathe I realize as I see her body writhe. I swim quickly and shake her. She doesn't wake up so I pull until the chains break and become water particles again.

I pull her up, effortlessly. I quickly give her CPR but she doesn't breathe. "Come on, Alexa!" I yell. I keep doing it but she isn't coming back. "Alexa! Come on baby, you can't die! You can't die on me, on the kids!" I beg as I watch her as if she were sleeping. "Mate, she's gone. I'm sorry Lucas" I hear. I turn and see Alex with the children close. They rush over and lie beside their mother. "No! Not mom! Please, come back!" I hear Tyler beg.

"Mom, Mom wake up! Please!" Tj begs. "Ma! Mom, please! Please... I won't bully Athena again I swear" Trevor promises as tears fall from the toughest of my sons. "No! Mom's not dead! No, No, no, no! She's... she's just sleeping! She'll wake up" Troy says as he begins shaking her. I grab her lifeless hand and look at Alexander. "It's all my fault... my fault Alexander. I shouldn't have said all that. It's my fault. I should have trusted her. All because of that fucking potion!" I sigh and stroke her damp hair gently.

"Come on Alexa. Why did I ever treat you like that? I shouldn't have been mad at you" I ask her and myself. I take off the necklace that was around my wrist that I made as a bracelet and put it on her. "See? Beautiful. Where it should have been all along. Don't... don't cry, kids. Your mother wouldn't want that. I'm sorry I kept you away from them, Alexa. You know... That night, after the coronation, I was going to ask for your hand in marriage. Just you, me, the kids, and our family" I confess. I place my head on her chest gently, hoping to hear a heartbeat. I sigh and close my eyes.

I hear a thumping noise and I assume it's other people walking. I try to ignore it but it's more strong. "Dad! I hear a beat, Dad! She's alive. Move!" Tyler yells. I move away quickly and she sits up instantly and starts coughing up water. She looks around, smiling and blushing. "Er... hey guys... Come here often?" I hear her say, trying to make light of the situation. Gosh, I love this woman. Forever and always... Forever and always.