Letting Her Breathe

Lauren's PoV

"What the hell was that?" I asked as Austin followed me into my bedroom.

Austin rubbed his face with his hands and groaned with frustration, flopping down on my bed. "Women can be such headaches sometimes!"

"Word." I smirked and straddled my computer chair. "So what's with Cabello?" I asked again, only more forward that time.

"She gets like that now, whenever things get intense," Austin frowned, more or less talking to himself. "I mean, when she and I first started dating, sex wasn't an issue. We waited a good few months before she put the moves on me!" He turned on his stomach and looked at me. I felt my body lurch with jealousy. She convinced him into bed.

Ick.

I had to remind myself that it happened over a year ago and I wasn't in the picture yet. Still, I didn't want to sit there and listen to anything explicit. Not when I knew exactly what her lips felt like, her tongue, her teeth, her touch...

But being the good cousin that I was, I listened. Good cousin, who the hell was I kidding? I was just making out with his girlfriend not that long ago and if Austin weren't around, I'm pretty sure things would've gone further. "And it's different now?"

He nodded. "Camila's like, I don't know. She will kiss me but not like, kiss me kiss me. She would rather spend time with Kyla, do school work or play hockey."

I knew the feeling. Noticed I wasn't in his equation there? Camila avoided me too. "Maybe just give her some space," I muttered. "I mean, you know she doesn't like feeling pressured."

"Yea, I know and I wasn't pressuring her tonight," Austin sat up and cuddled with one of my pillows. I smirked at the childishness in him. He still had a lot of growing up to do as far as I was concerned. "She kissed me first," he looked at me and I looked away.

Told you Camila was a kissing whore. Okay, I didn't say the word whore, but she was definitely a kisser type.

"So what happened?" My voice cracked. I didn't want to hear more but I had too. I was the one he'd come running to with girl troubles.

"Well things were getting a little heavy, like she finally relaxed and then, as soon as she felt my fingers slid below her waistband, she flipped!" The guy shot up from the bed and paced the floor. "I miss her Laur," he said in a hurt tone, "I miss how things used to be. We were the hottest couple at hockey and basketball tournaments. Now, people ask if we've broken up!" Austin stopped pacing and looked at me. He stepped closer and knelt down in front of me. "You go to school with her, right?" I slowly nodded my head. "Is she," he took a deep breath, "is she seeing someone else?"

I swear my eyes bulged out of my head. That was the reason Camila wasn't taking things further with Austin lately. Her feelings for me were clouding her relationship with him. I quickly shook my head. "No," I smiled, trying to wash away his doubts. "Look Austin, Cabello has a lot on her plate right now. She's a straight 'A' student, she plays hockey and she's trying to find a social life between all of that. If she doesn't want to have sex with you, don't think it's because she's cheating," I watched as he bought every word I said, "besides, she loves you." I was going to hell.

"Does she talk about me?" Austin asked, looking as if his hopes were rising.

I nodded. She didn't exactly say she loved him or talk about how gorgeous he was. In fact, she never even implied that she loved the guy. The cousin part of me should be furious with her, being so careless with his emotions, but the other part of me was happy. Scratch that, we're both going to hell. The only thing that came out of her mouth lately was "I'm with Austin". But it was still talking about him, nonetheless.