Realizing The Unthinkable

Lauren's PoV

Camila snapped her fingers in front of my face a couple of times before she grabbed my attention. I looked at her with a plain look and sighed. I was still coming down from shock from what I heard.

Kyla's pregnant.

Austin's the father.

I'm going to have a little baby cousin.

Austin's going to be a dad.

Kyla's having a baby.

Camila kept this from me. The Austin part. I couldn't be mad at her because it wasn't for her to tell me. At least she told me about the pregnancy part.

But damn.

Austin got Kyla pregnant.

"You've already said that a few times." Camila whispered and I blinked. I must be talking incoherently. "Lo, are you okay?"

"I'm just wrapping my head around it," I sighed and leaned against the wall in the hallway, "how much drama can we possibly cook up?"

"Apparently a lot." Camila quirked and slid down the wall next to me, lacing her fingers with mine. Kyla had sat across from us in complete silence.

"So, it's really Austin's?" I asked Kyla, not meaning for it to sound like I was questioning her.

"Of course it is. Who do you think I am? You?" Kyla shot back but immediately apologized. "Oh shit I'm sorry Lauren, I didn't mean that."

I brushed it off and sighed. "He doesn't know?"

Camila leaned her head on my shoulder, running her fingertips up and down my arm lightly. "No, we're the only two that know."

I bit my lip and looked over at the other brunette. "We can be there for you Kyla," I whispered, "if you need support, Camz and I can be there for you."

Kyla closed her eyes but smiled slightly. "Thank you."

Camila got up and pulled me up by my good arm and then Kyla. "In the meantime, let's screw the homework, order some Chinese, sit in front of the TV-"

"And watch hockey?" Kyla raised an eyebrow with a silly grin. "Mila, is that your answer for everything?"

Camila laughed. "Yes, yes it is."

"Good." Kyla joined in with her best friend's laughter. "I wouldn't want it any other way."

I watched the two embrace in a hug before they pulled me in. "Every lesbian's fantasy. Sandwiched between two hot girls."

That earned me a smack from both women but the laughter was worth it.

The tension lifted a little.

* * *

Sofi's PoV

"You heifer, get off of me!" Camila shoved me off her lap after I pounced on her while she watched a hockey game.

"Is that really a way to talk to your sister?" I pouted and sat on the floor in front of her. Lauren was giggling on the other side of Camila and Kyla was fast asleep on the other side of the bed. "Wore her out?"

Lauren wiggled her eyebrows. "Oh yea," she purred but was hit by Camila. "Ow." She pouted.

"Aww, want me to kiss it better?" I teased.

"Excuse me?" Camila looked at me with a raised eyebrow. "Where is your girlfriend?"

"Home." I shrugged and wedged my way between the lovebirds. "She has a paper due so she left. I'm bored."

"Then go write a love song." Camila pushed me off her bed again and scooted closer to Lauren. I stood up and ruffled their hair. "Hey!"

"What's wrong? Don't like that?" I mocked and looked around the room. "Besides, I can't write a love song."

Lauren raised an eyebrow. "Why not?"

I shrugged. I wasn't feeling lovey lately but they didn't need to know that. "Just need something more aggressive."

"Fine," Camila turned off her TV and looked at me, "go write an Emo love song."

"Ha," I rolled my eyes and slouched in her desk chair, "so when's Austin gonna know about the baby?"

Sometimes words flew out of my mouth. Sometimes I was just that upfront without really knowing it. I received looks from my sister and her girlfriend that made me think I was growing a second head.

"The, what?" Camila whispered, eyes wide.

"Kyla's baby," I said slowly, frowning, "I kind of overheard you while you were talking in the hallway. I was coming up the stairs and I didn't mean to listen but the word 'pregnant' caught my attention."

At least I was being honest.

Lauren sat up and ran her fingers through her hair. So I admit it, I had a tiny crush on Lauren. Who wouldn't? It didn't mean anything and before you go jumping to conclusions, it never evolved more than just that crush. She was hot. But then again, so was Sammy.

"I think it's up to Kyla but in my opinion, she better get it over with now before she starts to show or something." Lauren whispered.

"I agree." Camila nodded and stretched. "I need caffeine, who wants to do a coffee run?"

Lauren quirked an eyebrow at her. "Uh, Kyla's sleeping and Sofi can't drive."

"Yet." I stuck out my tongue. "But yea, she has a point. It's just you and her, Mila."

Camila shot up and grabbed Lauren's good hand. "We'll go you stay in case she wakes up."

I was babysitting a pregnant girl now? I looked over at the brunette's sleeping form and smiled. Kyla got on my nerves a lot but she was like my own sister too. She must be going through a difficult time so I figured I'd lay off her for a while. "Just don't be too long?" I pouted.

"Fifteen minutes, tops." Lauren winked at me as she allowed herself to be dragged out of the room.

I sighed and slumped against the back of the bed, flicking on the TV again. My eyes widened as the screen flashed local hockey teams getting ready for the big tournament within the next couple of months.

Fate was funny. Fate showed its head again as I watched Niagara Falls Hornets warm up with a sport channel doing a small piece on them. Then she came into view.

Philips.

As in Tracey Philips.

I sighed heavily and turned off the TV, throwing the remote on the bed behind me.

Fate.

Who the hell came up with that, anyway?