Musician vs Keeper Of My Heart

Lauren's PoV

Leaning against the doorframe, I watched as Camila threw her dirty clothes in the hamper. "You know, they don't bother me." I smirked stepping foot inside her bedroom but she stopped me.

"Don't you dare set another foot in here," she finished packing in all of her dirty clothes and then started to make her bed up even more than it already was.

"Cabello," I laughed at her absurdity. She wouldn't let me in her room before she cleaned it up a bit. "I've seen messier rooms than this, trust me. Mine can get ugly and Austin's is awful the nights you aren't around." My laughter died in my throat as I mentioned her boyfriend's name. She looked at me and sighed before continuing what she was doing.

"I just want it a little tidier, okay?" She sounded a little frustrated. I stepped back and replied 'okay' softly. I didn't want to make her uncomfortable.

I heard the bathroom door open from the hallway and noticed Sofi walking out. She smiled shyly at me as she walked past and into her own bedroom. "I'm gonna go next door until you're finished," I gave Camila my best smile and made my way towards Sofi's room.

I knocked softly. The door was wide open and I saw her slip her headphones in her ear just before I knocked.

"Laur," she smiled quizzically at me, "I thought you were hanging out with Mila?"

I nodded. "I am," I grinned and rolled my eyes, "once she stops fussing over how clean her room is to let me in."

Sofi laughed and took out her headphones, placing her iPod beside her. She patted the bed and silently asked me to have a seat. It felt weird. I've never really had a conversation with Sofi before but somehow I knew that it was about to change.

"So, about what I said earlier," she began with a soft sigh, "I didn't mean for it to sound so pushy or forward."

I smiled softly at her and shook my head. "It's okay," I looked around her bedroom. Nothing like Camila's. This bedroom had music posters all over it. Posters of guitars, pianos, music notes, guitar grids. Bands from Fall Out Boy and Evanescence to solo artists like Kelly Clarkson and Eminem, were scattered around her spacious room. I was impressed by her range of music genre that covered her walls. Phantom of the Opera jumped out at me from her closet door. "You really love music don't you?" I looked at her with a grin.

She nodded and blushed. "My escape," she stood up and grabbed a guitar case from her closet. "Camila bought me this for my birthday" she pulled out a black raspberry electric guitar. She cradled it gently and smiled as she sat down in her computer chair and fingered the strings softly. "She said I was really talented. I ended up breaking her guitar so instead of getting mad at me or buying herself a new one, she bought me one." I watched her face light up as she spoke about her older sister's thoughtfulness.

"She plays guitar too?" I asked, tilting my head. She nodded but never answered me verbally. "So, play me something," I shifted on the bed and crossed my legs.

Sofi laughed and shook her head. "No way, I don't do audiences," she placed the guitar back in her case and closed it up. "Plus, I've yet to break this baby in," she grinned.

"A Peavey right?" I asked regarding the brand of the guitar. She looked at me impressively.

"Yea, USA Peavey ST Limited," she grinned. "How'd you know?"

Did I forget to mention that I was a musician? Well, not famously or anything, but I knew my music. Which was why Sofi got my immediate attention in that department. "I play," I shrugged and noticed an old acoustic guitar in the corner beside her bed. "May I?" I asked, grabbing the guitar by the neck and pulling it into my lap.