Did You Have An Urge To Kiss Her?

Sofi's PoV

I watched Camila shove another guy into the snow playfully as they passed the puck down the rink in a friendly game. No rules applied to those kinds of games and I was shocked when no one ended up hurt with the way they played.

I could tell Camila was finally letting loose after Lauren left the arena to catch her flight back home. It was good that she decided to come out and join in her old hobbies and friends, it made me see a side of her I rarely got to see.

Really.

Whenever she was around Lauren, she was mushy and lovely. But away from the brunette, the sister I grew up with came out. The only difference was, I was her friend - not just her baby sister.

"You've really gotten into the game," Sammy said beside me, breaking through my thoughts.

"Just never really got to see her play without rules." I shrugged and bumped her shoulder. "I'm sorry, did you want to go?"

Sammy smiled softly and shook her head. "No, I just meant in general." She bit her lip before her eyes left mine and looked out towards the skaters. "I stopped by your house when I first got into town," she spoke quietly, "Camila said you were at the arena," she turned her head to look at me again with a small smile, "she said you wanted to watch the other game."

Oh. The other game. Tracey's game. I swallowed and nodded my head. "Yea."

"So, just observing that you're getting more into the game if you're staying behind to watch other teams," she shook her head, laughing softly. I sensed jealousy and it made me uncomfortable. We were reaching a point in our relationship where it was becoming more serious. Witnessing how things were tangling up tight between my sister, Lauren and Austin, I didn't want to make the same mistake. I wanted to be honest with Sam, she deserved that much. My cold fingers found hers from beneath the blanket and I laced them together.

"It was Tracey's game I was watching," I said softly, my knee bobbing up and down nervously, "Kyla said she'd watch with me because Camila wanted to be alone and she didn't want to go home."

Sammy nodded but remained quiet.

"I met Tracey a few days ago while Lauren and I were grabbing snacks. She was nice, sweet," I felt her thumb caress my hand but she wasn't looking at me anymore, "she wasn't you." Then her blue eyes hit mine. I couldn't read her expression and that bothered me. "I was attracted to her, I won't lie to you Sam," I let out a shaky breath, "but she wasn't you."

"Did you have an urge to kiss her?" Sammy scratched the bridge of her nose, snowflakes were beginning to fall.

I shook my head. "No," I whispered, "not even a little."

Sammy's dark hair blew in her face and she tucked it behind her ear. "I had dinner with my ex," she looked back out towards the arena.

"What?" Blood rushed through my ears as I tilted my head towards her. "When?"

She sighed and looked up towards the sky. I felt her hand leave mine from beneath the blanket as she covered her face briefly. "Two nights ago," she finally looked at me, her blue eyes were glossy, "I ran into her at the grocery store and we just decided to go for dinner and catch up then back to her place for a couple of movies."

"Oh." How was I supposed to respond to that confession? Samantha Taylor never talked about her past relationships. For all I could've known, I was her first girlfriend because there was no one else mentioned.

"Oh?" She quirked an eyebrow at me. "I tell you I had dinner with my ex girlfriend and you say 'oh'?"

"Well what do you want me to say, Sam?" I asked, frowning, throwing the empty coffee cup into the trashcan below us. "Did you have any urge to kiss her?" I asked her question, knowing how much it conveyed.