{6} A maiden's heart

A/N: The picture above is the kimono Arisa is wearing for tonight's banquet~ Picture does not belong to me!

~9 years later~

Arisa's Pov

I smiled warmly at my 'mistress'. The princess of the kingdom. Her long unruly red hair cascaded down her back like a waterfall and her face adorned with makeup that accentuated her amethyst orbs. She constantly rearranged her bangs and changed her outer robe, dissatisfied with her appearance.

My smile faltered as I realized what day it was today.

'It's starting.'

I hid away my saddened look and replaced it with an irritated one. "Princess, I get that you want to look your best for Lord Usa- I mean, Soo-won, but we really must get going to the ceremony." I coaxed, his majesty had appointed me the task of making sure she would attend the ceremony but it seems I might fail him.

"Please wait for a moment Arisa, I'm almost ready." Lighting up yet another scented incense.

"Well this 'moment' sure feels like a fucking eternity, your grace," I said monotonously. Min-soo looked at me in horror and quickly remanded. "Language!"

"English or is it Japanese? I'm not quite sure." I answered honestly.

A chubby looking man walked through the doors and I immediately bowed my head.

"Ah, father! What about the ceremony?"

"As you can see, it's over." Yona looked apologetic and stumbled over her words. "Oh no.... I'm sorry, I...." The king only laughed.

"Well, no matter. It was merely a form of formality, there was no need for you to appear before the people." The king consoled.

"Um... Father, Arisa... Isn't there something odd about my hair?" His Majesty looked surprised for a moment before replying.

"Of course not! Your beauty surpasses that of any jewel-" Yona looked overjoyed with the compliment.

"Yes, that of my face. I believe I was born with quite a cute face."

"You're being too full of yourself princess." Min-soo and I muttered under our breaths.

"But why is this hair so red and unruly? Grrr.. It won't behave at all." Yona flailed her arms in exasperation.

"That isn't true at all." The king said with a sweatdrop. I decided to rope the oddly silent black haired man into the conversation.

"No, it's not! Right, Hak?" Yona visibly stiffened and Hak bowed to the king and responded.

"King Il and Arisa are right, who would ever say that the princess' hair looks strange? If anything is not right, it wouldn't it be her brain?"

"Quiet knave," Yona said in an irked tone as she proceeded to throw things in Hak's direction. I could only giggle quietly.

'That giggle sounds as if you have evil intentions,' Asphodel said from within the ring. The ring Itachi had given me was a regular old ring but Asphodel enchanted it, making it a storage ring where the laws of time do not work.

As Yona continue to throw stuff to Hak, an object was also heading towards my direction. A hairbrush to be exact. I easily caught it with my right hand. Hak look towards me with a grateful expression.

"Thanks."

With the hairbrush in my hand, I threw the hairbrush to him, my fingers laced with chakra to make the impact more powerful. It hit him straight in the forehead, making him stagger a little due to chakra.

"Ugh.. Why does it hurt so much?" Hak murmured, glancing my way questionable. I only shrugged, not wanting to answer him.

"Father! Do something about this impertinent cretin!"

"Now, now... Hak has been your friend since childhood and he is one of the generals who protect this castle."

"I don't care! If you need servants, I'd pick someone more lovable, like Arisa!"

"Lovable my ass.." The potato in my hair muttered.

"You don't have an ass though," I quickly quipped. Though ignored by the others in the room.

"Speaking of lovable, shouldn't you be trying to look lovable yourself?"

"Huh?" Yona dumbly asks.

"It seems that Lord Soo-won has arrived."

"Y-you should've said so sooner!" She said while blushing.

"Go get 'im." I hollered after the running princess.

"Soo-won? Is that why she was so concerned about her hair?" The king looks at Hak and me for some clarity on the situation.

"It must be that thing they call a 'maiden heart'," Hak said calmly whilst sipping tea.

I scoot closer to Hak and started nudging his abdomen.

"She's not the only one with a maiden heart, right Hak?~" Hak blushed bright red and stumbled over his words.

"I-I-I.... I have to...uh... go... monitor Yona. If you'll excuse me, your Majesty." He ran out of the room as if his ass was on fire. I just laughed loudly, satisfied with the reaction I received.

"Kufufufufufu~[1] Teasing infatuated people really is the best." The king and the servants around me all sweatdropped at the remark.

The cat who lays quietly on my shoulder sighs sadly. "Why are you talking as if you are unrelated to this problem."

"Because I'm not."

.

.

.

.

.

"I pity them..."

[1] - Laito Sakamaki's perverted laugh + Korosensei's weird laugh = Arisa's laugh.

#MindBlown

By all means I do not own Akatsuki no Yona and same goes to Naruto

Both belong to their rightful owners