{17} - Call me Granpa

Night soon fell and Han-dae still hasn't arrived with Tae-yeon's medicine. Arisa had given her all and tried her best to stabilize his condition. Due to her handy work Tae-yeon's erratic breathing soon calmed down. Apparently his unstable breathing tired the cute little boy out and he was fast asleep in the black haired girl's arms. Arisa wanted nothing more than to stay in this position but her arms and legs were slowly turning numb so she had no choice but to lay him on a futon.

Arisa had tended to Tae-yeon's every need. She was meticulous about everything, even the little things like the softness of his futon, the thickness of his blanket and how many windows were open. She was seated beside the unconscious child. Her eyes were warm and filled with worry. Although his breathing was a lot calmer it was a far cry from being stable. She had made everyone leave them, assuring them she could take care of him by herself. Yona was reluctant to leave Arisa, in fear of the girl over working herself, but after Arisa reassured her she would be okay a multitude of times, Yona decided to trust her and have some rest herself. She was after all still a princess who was unacustomed to walking long distances and sleeping on the cold hard forest ground.

Arisa had done everything she can to make the child comfortable and was now left to her thoughts. She glanced at the ring on her hand and thought about the tanned male who suddenly appeared before her. Even after all the years she spent with him, not once had he divulged any information about where he was bound to and who had bound him. Arisa so badly wanted to know but she was far too polite to ask. She may be brash but she knew when to draw the line but a human's curiousity is a powerful thing.

'Asphodel?'

'Hmm?'

'I can't help but wonder....why are most of the dimensions you've mentioned to me from anime?' She really couldn't bring herself to ask him after all.

'... Remember when I said I was entranced by your dimension?'

'Yeah'

'Well, I was told by one of the elders that your dimension was referred to as the 'Creation Dimension'. Humans like you created different dimensions through your thoughts. You all held a power that no one from anywhere else had. For every book and story is a new dimension added into the vast universe'

'...Wow. I never thought that we were so powerful.'

'Well you know what they say, The mind is a powerful thing.'

'Well said'

Arisa continued to banter with the male all while looking at her ring. She felt as if she was looking at the person himself when she did this. She slowly relaxed and felt the tension leave her body. Unbeknownst to her a genuine smile creeped up on her face as she continued to converse trivial matters with Asphodel.

"Oi you look crazy. Stop smiling at your hand like that." Arisa felt her smile twitch and looked at the male who disrupted the pleasant time she was having with Asphodel.

"Hak don't you know the saying 'If you have nothing good to say then don't say it'?"

He gasped and put his hand on his mouth with a feigned look of shock. "You listen to what other people say?"

"Hak if you're only here to mock me then please show yourself out. My little angel is sleeping and I wouldn't want your scratchy voice waking him up." I said half-jokingly. His voice was anything but scratchy. It was deep and velvety and Arisa would never admit it but she liked Hak's voice. She only said that to get on his nerves.

After hearing Arisa's joking words Hak's smirk slowly disappeared and was replaced with a serious expression. He stood up and walked over to her just to ruffle up her silky black hair.