{21} - Stay by my side

Arisa P.O.V

"Hey! Slow down!" I shouted at the speed-walking blond. Even if this guy was a head shorter than me, he was quick on his feet. He was fast but I was hot on his trail. He seemed to have not heard what I said and walked even faster. We were in a deeper part of the forest now and yet he still showed no signs of stopping. I was going to wait until he cooled off but leaving him to his thoughts would only worsen the situation.

I sped up and caught his arm. I forcefully stopped him. He whipped around and looked at me accusingly. He looked at me with an expression that screamed 'let go' but I ignored it.

"You ok?" I smiled wryly. He shrugged my arm off him. At least he was stopped marching off to who knows where.

"I'm fine." His tone was clipped.

"Well I was just checking, you know, stomping off into the wilderness as steam puffs out of your ears doesn't really scream 'fine'" I joked. I only received a grunt in response. 

"I get that she was being annoying but couldn't you be a little nicer? The kid's been pampered since birth." Not once had he turned around. Not until I said this.

"Nicer? Does being pampered entitle her to treating everyone around her like servants? Like it's only natural for them to serve her?" He exploded. His face was red and he was huffing and puffing. I stood there in shock. I opened my mouth and then I closed it. I had nothing to say. I was flabbergasted. 

"I...just" He rubbed his face and sighed. " I just... don't like nobility all that much." he whispered sheepishly a blush coating his feminine features. He realized the red hue on his face and abruptly turned around but that didn't to anything to hide his red ears

My gaze softened as I reached out to pat his head.

"Yeah, no kidding." I ruffled up his locks in a motherly manner. "You don't have to like Yona but give her a chance. The kid's not bad at heart." With that I stopped bothering him and stalked back towards his home. I walked a few steps ahead before I twirled on my feet. 

"Not all nobles are bad" I smiled and turned, walking onwards as if, nothing had happened. Just missing the slight mouthing of words of the strawberry blonde. 

'She talks to me as if I'm a child'

.

.

.

"Why do you live out here?" Yona asked the young priest. Her voice was devoid of the overbearing tone she used to use and was replaced by a more gentler tone. Yoon's words really struck something within her. They, well we but they don't that I'm here with them yet, were staring out into sunset as it dyed the earth a warm orange. They were standing at the edge of a cliff overlooking the green foliage below, surrounded by mountains to and fro. 

"Well it's a pretty place. Serene, quiet, Hell I'd live here. If given the chance" I remarked, emerging from the the tall ass bushes. Yona jumped into the air in shock and Ik-soo merely laughed. The Gods must've told him I was coming or something, 'cause he never seems surprised.

"I was living with the flow, and I ended up here naturally" His tone was breezy and relaxed. He looked around the place wistfully, probably reminiscing the day of his arrival on this green forest. "I suppose that doesn't answer your question. It's just..." He drawled, he turned his head slightly to the side and smiled at a daisy blooming on a sheer cliff. "Even here there are flowers that bloom." 

Yona's eyes were sparkling with new found understanding and depth as she stared dazedly at the beautiful white flower. I, on the other hand, was busy staring at the clumsy blond priest. He definitely wasn't as simple as he lets on.