{12} - Lower your walls even just for a bit?!

Arisa P.O.V.

I brushed away a tear that lingered on the princess' long eyelashes. She was deep in slumber, probably dreaming about a past memory that she could never let go of. She looks so peaceful and relaxed, I couldn't find it in myself to wake her up.

"I'm going to go find water." I declared quietly, placing the princess' wellbeing in mind. She's been crying for a majority of this journey and we've been walking non-stop, a glass of water would do her some good. I got up and proceeded to where I think I hear a river is but Hak stops me. I look at him with eyes that are swimming with questions.

"Let me do it." I scoffed at him, offended.

"Look babe, if you think I can't handle myself through the woods and need an adult to hold my hand then be my guest." I said holding out my hand to him.

He stared at my hand and then at my face. He repeated this. Again and again and AGAIN. I withdrew my hand and puffed, annoyed at his reaction.

"Look I get that the one you like is the princess but holding my hand isn't that revolting. I swear I don't have some kind of communicable disease." I said while crossing my arms, pouting in displeasure.

Hak replied with nothing but a huff and tugged on my hand and led me towards the ever so noisy waterfall.

'Sometimes I pity the guy, you know?' Tato said.

'Agreed' For once Aoki and Tato found something they agreed upon, its just that I had no idea what it was.

.

.

.

"Dude you really didn't have to come with," I said moving a bush to see the princess with a terrified look in her eyes. I handed the cup of water to Hak and hugged the princess tight, whispering comforting words as she cried.

"I'm sorry we left you, Yona. It's all right. We won't leave anymore."

I looked at Hak and gestured for the cup. Hak handed me the cup and retreated. I shushed the princess and brought the cup to her lips slightly tilting it to her mouth, praying to the dragons up above that she drinks it. She thankfully did.

.

.

.

We were sitting by the riverside with a fire warming us as the chilling night slowly enveloped the red sky. The fire was surrounded by fish that Hak caught. I took one from the fire, deeming it cooked enough, and fed the princess its meat.

"Say ah~~ I promise my hands are clean, Yona. Come on just a tiny bite." I coaxed and after a few more words she thankfully ate her fill.

"Yona, promise me you'll eat 'cause after this. I'm not sure we'll be able to secure food anymore." I saw her nod in response but I knew her mind was elsewhere. Her eyes were blank and empty, almost as if all the life were sucked out from them.

.

.

.

I suggested that the princess take a nice dip in the lake and I helped take her clothes off not before chasing Hak's wandering eyes away. I left the princess to her thoughts and joined Hak, who was preparing to go for a walk.

"She's getting weaker," I said suddenly, breaking the silence.

"Un. Even after time has passed she still can't face reality."

"But you haven't either, right Hak?" He didn't answer."I'll go see if the princess is done" I turned to leave but was stopped by Hak's hand gripping my wrist quite tightly.