{11} - Never a coward

Arisa P.O.V.

'I'm so sorry Hak,' I said in my mind while I hugged the princess. In this part of the anime, if I'm not mistaken, is the part where Hak hugs the princess close and comforts her, telling her that the only thing she can do for her father is to live. I bit back the tears that are threatening to fall, I made Hak's love step back yet again.

I hugged the princess tighter and let her cry on my shoulders until the sun rose and as much as I wanted to stay in that position, we were still in danger and we had to keep going.

After walking for quite a while, Yona began to pant. Hak offered to take a small rest and we did as he suggested. Not long after sitting down Yona slowly fell asleep. I turned to look at Hak who was deep in thought.

"He was never a cowardly king, was he?" I said as my mind drifted to the peaceful past that would never repeat.

.

.

.

.

Three Years Ago

A black haired teenage boy sat on the railings of the palace accompanied by a female with a similar shade of hair. She looked peeved at the young brat and she spoke out about her displeasure right after he took a bite of the red apple in his hands which the black haired female was so blatantly lusting after.

"Oi Hak, shouldn't you be at the meeting and not stealing apples from young defenseless maids who were minding their own business?" But before Hak could throw the apple at the ticked off female's face, a gruff voice interrupted them.

"Boy, didn't I tell you to attend today's clan meeting?"

"Yeah, didn't he Hak? Buuut noooo you just had to ditch it and steal my juicy red apple then mock me by eating it in front of my face...... If I didn't have to act meek I would've already beaten your pompous ass to the ground, you apple stealing little shit." Arisa complained and her voice gradually became lower and muffled to point where it was inaudible. The last word the pair of grandson and grandfather was the 'face' and the rest were words the two knew better than to ask about.

An silence enveloped the hallway and Arisa could swear it was so silent that she heard the princess' whines from here or maybe that was her ninja instincts, either way it was still silent. Hak cleared his throat and threw out a half-assed answer.

"You're the only one who needs to attend the meeting, Lord Mundok. Besides I can't be bothered to listen to King Il's happy-go-lucky nonsen-" But before Hak could finish the statement or General Mundok could reprimand his grandson, Arisa hit Hak's head with her wooden slipper.

"You...... First you steal my apple and now you insult the King!? Being honest is fine and all but at least be restrained!" Arisa said clearly not getting over her stolen apple.

"Arisa is right you know and also... Don't call me 'Lord Mundok' call me 'Grandpa'!" The general said rather heatedly and he was shouting at the end.

"We aren't even related by blood!" Hak complained matching the general's heated tone.

"Blood? In the face of love, blood is powerless" General Mundok shot back without missing a beat. Arisa was in the sidelines sweat dropping at a grown man and a teenaged boy kicking and punching each other.

"Now, now... If you will keep fighting, Castle Hiryuu will be blown away" The king said in a carefree tone, clearly not meaning his words.

"I apologize, King Il" General Mundok said kowtowing and Arisa soon followed suit whilst Hak stood there awkwardly looking unsure of what he was to do. Arisa tsked in her mind, disappointed in her friend.