{19} - It's just not the same

"I am ready to serve you, my king." 

The voice was shrill and very unpleasing to listen to, well it was unpleasing to Soo-won. He preferred voices that were soft and mellifluous but not at all meek or yielding. The voice originated from behind the sliding doors of the chambers to Soo-won's room. His advisor had, as he should be, adviced him to call over some female company to relieve some pent up stress and he, albeit uncharacteristically, agreed. He needed to get his mind off a certain crimson-eyed minx. He swallowed down the rising guilt in his chest and allowed for the woman to enter. 

The moment she stepped in the room Soo-won couldn't help but immediately compare her to the woman who was constantly plaguing his thoughts. She had black hair that was pulled tightly into a complex hairstyle Soo-won knew not of. She had a small and frail looking body type, a far cry from Arisa's slender and toned body. Her head was lowered submissively and the way she walked was slow and quiet. She definately would be seen as someone to who was extremely submissive and to some men that would be enticing but unfortunately the king-to-be was not like 'some men'. He liked females who could raise their head up high and yet make you want to protect them. He liked females who'd brave through the cold winter and say they're fine even as they shiver against the winter breeze. He liked females who knew too damn much and yet still be able to not see his apparent affections. He liked females who were too damn headstrong to listen to reason. He liked females whose eyes were always coated with mirth and mischief. He liked females who had feisty fushia/crimson eyes that would always give away their current emotions. He liked females who had long silky flowing black hair that always seemed to be straight no matter what you do. He liked females who was not shy to hold a bow or wield a sword. He liked females... No that's not right. He liked Arisa. Arisa was no 'female'. She was always and forever will be a unique existence that no one in this world could ever compare to. 

"Leave." With a voice that was beyond chilling, Soo-won comanded the prostitute to scram. He couldn't do it. All he could think about was her. He hadn't the time to waste with a no name prostitute. His future queen was out in the wilderness exposed to danger. 

The woman was beyond bewildered but she wasn't stupid. She quickly ran away with tears in her eyes. Soo-won sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. What the actual fuck is he doing? 

Soo-won got up and decided to clear his thoughts by immersing himself in water. He called over his advisor and told him of his plans. He had assured him it wouldn't take up much time. He had a crowning ceremony to prepare for, after all. His advisor agreed and told him he would wait outside. 

. 

Soo-won heard his advisor tell him that his time was up. He took a deep breath and stepped out of the hot springs. Today was the day he becomes king and today was the day he starts the search for his queen. 

"There is someone who wishes to meet you, the says it is of the utmost importance that he speaks with you this instance. Should we let him?" Soo-won's advisor had said out of the blue whilst he aided Soo-won in putting on his robes. Soo-won nodded in confirmation and went out to greet whatever mishap was as great as to call upon him. It seems the other party was overly excited and was already in front of the doors, kowtowing. 

"Please stand up... sir" 

"Kang Tae-jun, your majesty." The man replied, slowly standing up. His clothes were dirty and ragged and his eyes were red. He was fidgeting badly and he dared not look into Soo-won's eyes. 

"What seems to be the problem?" 

"I-I have come here because there is something I must give you." Tae-jun stuttered out. He held out his hand and presented a box and a white cloth. He handed them to the king to be and patiently waited to be ordered to be decapitated or thrown into the dungeons.