{25} - I don't know what to name this

Arisa P.O.V.

Ah, I think the man just fainted.

Yoon quickly shoved my hand off his shoulder and checked if the farmer was okay. I awkwardly stood there, wondering if I should go help or not.

"Arisa, why did you even say that?!" Yoon shouts at me as he checks if the man received a concussion from his fall.

"I don't know! I blanked out!"

"Couldn't you have said you were a hairdresser or something?!" Hak added.

"A blind fucking hairdresser. Hak are you retarded? Besides, there would surely be no one who would pay for that crap."

"Well it's better than being a murderer!" Yoon butts in.

"Don't gang up on me!"

.
.
.

After screaming at each other for who knows how long, we finally situated the guy who dropped in a dead faint. He eventually woke up, clutching his head in pain. He surveyed his surrounding and screamed when he spotted me. I remember touching my face, wondering if I was that ugly.

Yoon calmed him down and explained who I was and that I was in fact not a killer but a wandering entertainer that had a morbid sense of humor. The guy was still wary of me though.

After Yoon was done trading with the man, we parted ways. The man sent a worried glance to Yoon and signalled to me. I raised my brow at him and he quickly stopped. 

.
.
.

"Princess!" 

"Princess!"

"Princess!" 

Hak was ignored thoroughly by the fuming princess. I watched with great interest as Yona marched ahead of Yoon, frowning the whole way through.

"Aw, Yona don't be angry. Hak couldn't help himself. After all, he's 19 and he's still a virgin" I was only adding fuel to the fire.

"Shut up Arisa!" Hak was looking a little red. I said nothing and only winked at him suggestively. He ignored me and marched after Yona. I completely disregarded the dark shade of red that colored his ears.

"You guys are not convincing me to go back in that...thing." She glared hatefully at the brown cloth in Hak's hands. I quickly snatched the cloth and put it on her and tied it like a cloak.

"There" I said said as I admired my handiwork. "This way you won't have to be manhandled by a brute and you'll be able to look at stuff on the way." 

"Yes, yes but remember to always be wary, princess. It may seem peace- where are you going?" Hak tried to stop but she was too willful. She pulled on my arm and pointed at a rice field where there was a huge waterwheel.

"Arisa! Arisa! Arisa! What is that?" I laughed at her childlike wonder. 

"It's a waterwheel." I answered. "I think."

Yoon looked over and beamed. "Yeah, that's a waterwheel alright. It's huge. I've never seen a waterwheel as big that."

"And what's that?" Yona was pointing at the wide expanse of wheat growing in front of her. The wind made them sway to and fro. It was a breathtaking sight.

"Wheat" Hak answers Yona's inquiry with ease. "These fields are under the protection of the capital. All of the luxurious food that Arisa loves to eat was grown here." 

"...Is that so?"

.

.

.

We walked towards the nearest village for a small breather. The village was nothing compared to the city. It was old yet there were still people who hussled and bussled here and there. 

We decided to buy some materials for our trek. Yoon was the one who was in charge of all the finances and decision making. He bought a few pots and pans and a few utensils and a little spices. 

The buildings were plain, not a part of this town was eye-catching. Even the shop signs were dreary. We walked into the nearest tea shop and ordered some dumplings. 

We chose a table in the far back.

"Hak is something wrong?" Hak was fidgeting relentlessly. He was also looking around, turning his head in every direction. He was clearly bothered.

"No."

"It's alright. Arisa's with us and she can fight. Go, before you waste anymore time." Yona pressed.

"I'll be quick. We meet at the big tree at the entrance. Wait for me."

Not long after Hak left, a group of old geezers decided to occupy the seat next to us. They were holding a platter of dango and huge cups of of beer.

"Have you heard of the new king?" One chorused the moment they got to sit down.

"Apparently he's really young and handsome, well at least that's what my wife said."

"But he's Yu-hong's son, right? He must be terrifying."

I watched the color drain from Yona's face. Mun-deok must have accepted the proposal if Soo-won is king. I kind of feel sad I wasn't there to see his coronation.

Soo-won is still a bitch and all but for years, I kept imagining 'what if'. What if Soo-won marries Yona? Wouldn't the celebration be grand as hell?

Yona hastily got up and walked out, well ran out. She was clutching at her cloak tightly. I quickly ran after her, leaving Yoon to deal the expenses.

"Yona are you okay?" I quickly caught up with her, she really is too slow. Maybe I'm too quick. I will never know. She was crouched in a corner, covering her ears.

"I...I...I'm fine."

.

.

.

"How are the borders?"