{8}: Engagement?! Hahaha!!

Arisa P.O.V

I heaved a sigh as I saw my mistress on her bed hugging her body pillow close, all while muttering gibberish about Usagi-kun.

"Princess Yona, please wake up," I said in a coaxing tone. It almost sounded as if I had the patience for this. Almost

"Princess Yona, if you don't wake up right now, I'm sure you'll miss out on Lord Soo-won's activities," I said in a voice that commanded your attention and just as I anticipated, Yona shot upright and started panicking.

"What?! Why didn't you wake me sooner Arisa?!"

A deadpan look reached my face, staring blankly at the red-headed female who was panicking in front of me.

"..." Raising my hands up in surrender, I walk out of the room. Not wanting my patience to go any lower. 'Not gonna involve me with any of this.'

~~

"Soo-won I brought-" Yona cut herself short as she realized her cousin's room was empty.

"What do you mean 'I' brought, I'm doing all the manual labor here!" I whined holding the not-so-heavy plate of cookies.

She rushed out of the room bumping into her father, completely ignoring the still-pouting-me.

"What's the matter, Yona?" The king asks looking concernedly at his daughter

Min-soo seemed to understand the princess' distress and informed her

"If you're looking for Lord Soo-won, He is currently with General Hak," Min-soo said in a hushed voice, so as to not alert the king.

"Bet they're shooting arrows and challenging each other or some dumb shit like that"

~AT THE COURT YARD~

"Not fair, Hak!" Whined the princess

"You know what 'unfair', having to be woken up just so you could gather sweets for your 'Beloved Soo-won' and then unanimously throwing them away because he wasn't in his room and if that wasn't injustice enough, I didn't get to eat a single piece" I said emphasizing each word to express my grievance.

"Preach it to the heavens gurl" Tato encouraged

".....How could you set me aside and have fun with Soo-won?" The princess chose to ignore my words.

I suddenly felt a tug on my sleeve and when I turned around a cookie was stuffed into my mouth. I quickly chewed on the cookie and smiled at the only person who cared about my well being, Min-soo

"I seriously love you right now dude," I said earnestly

I quickly turned around, just missing the red hue that spread across his feminine face.

"Now, now. They haven't seen one another in some time, either." Yona said nothing but pouted in indignation.

The two men on the fields looked at each other and nodded. They kicked their horses and it started galloping towards the target, Soo-won reached it first and landed a close to perfect shot. When it got to Hak's turn I cast a jutsu that deliberately strengthened the wind pressure at that exact moment, causing his arrow to miss. Hak felt someone tamper with his shot and glared in my direction. I simply shrugged and gave him a triumphant smirk.

"You were magnificent, Lord Soo-won, sadly the wind was apparently not on my side today." He said as he glared daggers at my 'innocent' form.

"Next time I'll be sure to strike dead center," Soo-won said pulling his bowstring back and releasing it.

Yona stared fixated, at the blatant display of 'bravery' by her 'beloved Soo-won'. She made a determined expression and said

"I'm going to do archery with Soo-won too!" The king looked flustered at her declamation and coaxed her to do otherwise. 

"No! You mustn't handle weapons! I don't even want to let those two use them, Arisa too!" At the king's exclamation, I could only sigh as I reminisced the times he tried to stop me but failed each time.

"Then you try it, Father!"

"But I might get hurt." the king said looking away

"You're nothing but a cowardly king!" I raised my brow and thought otherwise.

"Yona! I'll let you ride with me so please come down" said Soo-won's voice from down below. I sighed in annoyance, if she goes down I have to, too. siiiiiiiigh.

"Okay!" Yona said in an excited tone. I glared at the blonde and flipped off of the balcony. I surveyed the area and eyed Hak's horse. I stealthily walked behind his back and pushed him off of his horse.

"Wha-"

"Go help the princess, knave," I said in a mocking tone. He glared at me and obediently did as I said.

'Man, Hak sure loves glaring at me huh, it must be because I'm too dazzling and he can't keep his eyes off of me.'

'You are too full of yourself' Tato remarked from inside the ring. I had decided to keep him and Aoki inside the ring to avoid a crap ton of mishaps.

"Oi are you gonna ride or not?" A baritone voice said, annoyed.

"Ah," I said snapping out of my reverie and giddied the horse up but before I could leave Hak in the dust, he jumped on the horse and stole the reins from me. I pouted but consented to it. I had not realized it but our position was quite ambiguous. Hak's chest was pressed against my back as I leaned into him. He was a good chair.

.

.

.

Behind me, I could hear the exchange between the 'I-love-you-and-its-so-painfully-obvious-but-you-still-don't-realize' princess and the 'I-am-oblivious-to-anything-related-to-love' male. 

"Isn't this against the rules?" Yona said under her breath.

"Huh?" He replies. I almost rolled my eyes at his response.

"I mean, you seem to be accustomed to dealing with women. I bet you bring lots of women into your mansion" Yona looked as if she was scolding her self inside her head and Soo-won looked uncomfortable.

"I'm right?!?" The princess said, her face turning blue.

"Please... You're mistaken. There have been a few discussions of engagement, but" Soo-won said emphasizing the last part of what he was saying whilst throwing a glance at me. Yona looked absolutely shattered when she heard the word 'engagement'. I decided to get off of the horse and Hak followed after, I pulled an apple from my skirt and feed it to the horse.

"I-I've had offers of engagement too!"

"What? With whom?" Yona looked troubled but soon covered it up and said

"Hak for one!" Hak immediately stopped tending to his horse and looked at Yona accusingly.

"I think that sounds nice. Congratulations!" Yona stiffened up and looked as if she wanted to cry.

"Ne~ne~ Hak isn't it nice, your dream came true after all those years of yearning," I said scooting closer to him and nudging his abdomen, just as I always do when I tease the male.

"Shut up." Such a tsun.

Not too far away a blonde felt a sharp stinging sensation in his heart when he saw the two people on the side looking as close as ever.
________________________________________________

OMG THAT WAS THE LONGEST CHAPPIE THAT I'VE WRITTEN IN MY ENTIRE LAIFU~

Comments are appreciated neh~

By all means, I do not own Akatsuki no Yona and same goes to Naruto

Both belong to their rightful owners