3

"Honey, you can still back out of this thing, you know?" My mom asked as we stood in front of the courtroom waiting for the Reynolds. 

"I know," I answered, "mom, I want to do this for you guys, just please stop worrying," I told her with a weak smile. She smiled back rubbing her hand on my hand. My dad stood beside me just staring at us, he looked sorry. I didn't want them to think, I didn't want to do this for them. 

I took a deep breath and watched as cabs came and go dropping people in front of the courthouse. I was going to get married today, wow, I never pictured myself getting married inside a courtroom. When I was younger, I always pictured myself in some long white dress, the same one my mom wore her wedding day. The service would happen inside a church and the reception would take place in our backyard. 

I checked the time and it was ten minutes before we had to be inside. A cab stopped in front and Kevin and his father came out. His father smiled at us, shaking my father's hand and giving my mother a kiss on her cheek. He gave me a hug, I looked at Kevin who's hand was inside his pocket, he didn't bother greeting anyone. He was never the friendly type, "shall we get this thing over with?" I asked. Kevin looked at me still with an unreadable expression.

"Yeah," Kevin replied. First time I heard him talk since I saw him the other day. He always nodded his head or let his father talk, but he finally answered something. I was glad he wouldn't talk, I wouldn't hear his husky voice that drove me crazy. 

We entered the courthouse and went to the judge that was waiting for us.

''''''''

I got out of the courthouse shocked. I just became Brianna Brown Reynolds, I couldn't believe it. Our family soon followed us out, "thank you so much for doing us this favor," Mr. Reynolds thanked me. I nodded my head, "should we meet later to get everything situated?" He asked. I checked the time and saw it was getting late, "or now?" He said with a chuckle, I nodded my head once more.

"I'll meet with you guys later if not tomorrow, okay?" I asked my parents, I gave them both a hug and followed the Reynolds which I was one now to the cab. We had to go to the house I was staying at, my clothes were already there from yesterday. Mr. Reynolds said he would then tell me the whole plan, I would have to meet the board on Monday and we would start our fake life together.

I stared at the window as we drove, I still couldn't believe I just did this. I had no ring because Mr. Reynolds said he would give me his dead wife's ring and I said no. That ring deserved to be on the finger of someone Kevin really loved, that's what his mother would have wanted. "We're here," Mr. Reynolds said bringing me down to earth.

I opened my door and looked at the place I would have to stay for the next two years of my life. It was beautiful, it was absolutely the definition of a mansion-nothing I wasn't used to. It was painted a beige color with some golden touch here and there. It had stairs leading to the golden front door, "I hope you like the place," Mr. Reynolds said. Was he serious? I loved it, "anyway, kids I have to get myself home, I'm sure you guys can figure things out," he added.

"Yeah," Kevin answered, "I'll see you Monday?" He asked his father giving him a hug. 

"Son," Mr. Reynolds called him as they pulled away, "don't mess this up," he told him patting his back. He shook his head, his father took the cab and off they went. 

"Kevin, I do-" I started.

"Look," he cut me off, "we might be married, but it doesn't mean anything okay?" He asked. I nodded my head, he motioned for me to follow him inside. I entered the house and it was even prettier. "This is your side of the house," he said pointing to the right side, "and this is mine," he pointed to the left side. 

"There are rooms there and you can use any of them, we have to share a kitchen, but my best guess is that you still don't cook so that won't be an issue," he said. My jaw dropped, I do cook, I just choose not to sometimes. "Just don't eat my food," he ordered. I nodded my head, "your clothes are already in one of the rooms," he started to walk around and going up the stairs. "And stay out of my personal space!" He yelled probably from up the stairs. 

I stood there in the middle of the house not believing what just happened. I couldn't believe he just acted like that with me, he acted like I was a complete stranger. Maybe my mom was right, maybe he doesn't even remember that I dated him.

I go up the stairs also and stayed on the right side of the house, I opened each room until I found the room that contained my clothes. The third one did, it looked like a master bedroom of some kind because it was bigger than the others. It had a queen bed and a walk-in closet. I dropped my stuff on the floor and my body on the bed. I was feeling so tired, it was a long day.

I got married today, Kevin yelled at me today and I moved in into a mansion. Yep, not my typical day. My phone rang and I grabbed it to see it was Lucy. "Hello," I said in a low voice.

"Hey girl, I just went to your parents and they said you moved in with Mr. Handsome today," I heard her perky voice say over the phone.

"Yeah, I did," I whispered.

"You're not allowed to talk on the phone?" She asked, I started laughing. I just felt really disrespectful to speak loud at a house that wasn't mine. And who knows if Kevin allowed phone calls, he almost treated me like I was in prison.

I felt like slapping him, but I had to remember, I was here for one reason and one reason only, save my parent's ass. "I don't know," I said to her. "Who knows what the boss allows," I joked. She laughed, I sat in the middle room doing circles on my thighs.

"So, how was it?"

"What?" I asked.

"Girl, you got married today," she said.

"Yes at a courthouse and it's not like it was a real wedding," I said shrugging my shoulder even though she couldn't see me. 

"Come on," she said, "you'll probably grow to love him," she said.

"Luce," I called her, "I'm not doing this to fall in love with anyone, I'm just doing my parents a favor," I sad thinking about the reality of the situation.

"I'm sorry," she said, "you want to do something tomorrow?" She asked. 

"Yeah," I answered. I needed to get out of here and go have fun or something. "Let's go drinking," I told her.

"I was thinking the same thing," we both laughed, "bye bae, love you," she said.

"Love you too," I replied. She hung up the phone, I put it on the nightstand and sleep overtook me.

AN

Do you guys know how to cook?

Au Revoir...