10

Writings in Italic means flashback...

"She's crazy," Lucy said as we walked down the halls of our school. I chuckled and ignored her comment about her own mother. "So, what are you and Kev doing for your anniversary?" She asked. I smiled, today was our two-year anniversary. I couldn't believe I've been dating someone for that long.

"I'm surprising him with a dinner at the beach," I informed Lucy. "My parents are in Vegas for a business trip and are not coming back until tomorrow afternoon. I was thinking after we could go to my house and we could you know-"

"You're thinking about losing your virginity?!" Lucy practically yelled. I shushed her so people wouldn't hear her. 

We reached our lockers and she opened her putting her stuff inside. "Yes, it's been two years and I think I'm ready. I think we're ready to get to that level," I said.

"Maybe," she said sounding unsure. "Just make you back out if you feel uncomfortable," she said.

"Yeah," I said thinking about what it would feel like to have sex. I wanted to get to know Kevin on a new level now. I believed when you have sex with someone, you gave them part of yourself and I couldn't think of anyone better I'd want to lose my virginity to. Lucy finishes and we started walking again.

"I have to stop by at the library," Lucy said, "see you in second period?" She asked. I nodded my head and gave her a quick hug. I watched as she made her way to the library. 

"Hey sweetheart," Kevin said pushing me into the lockers gently. I smiled when I see him, "happy anniversary," he said handing me a black box. 

I frowned, "I thought we said no gifts?" I asked him, "and happy anniversary," I replied.

"I know, but I just saw it and thought how good it would look on you," he said. I rolled my eyes and open the box to see a pink diamond bracelet with my initials on it. He grabbed it from me and put it around my wrist, "see how good it looks on you," he said hoping I would support his decisions to get the bracelet. I have to admit, it did look good, but that wasn't the point.

"And how much did it cost?" I asked him.

"The price doesn't matter," he said.

"Kev," I groaned.

"About a thousand," he whispered scratching his head. 

"Kev, you are returning it," I said trying to take it out of my hand. He stopped my hand and raised his eyebrow, "why can't you just stop spoiling me?" I asked him.

"What's wrong with wanting to spoil my girl?" He asked. I rolled my eyes once more, "two years, sweetheart, two years. You deserve so much more than just a stupid bracelet," he said raising two of his fingers up. "Please accept the bracelet, I won't get you anything for Christmas," he said.

I chuckled, "fine," I said.

"And where are we going tonight?" He asked me.

"It's a surprise," I said. "I even got a blindfold," I said digging into my bag and pulling out the blindfold.

"Mhmm," he moaned, "aren't you a freaky thing?" I laughed. He kissed me, "I have to get to a meeting before school starts, see you in class?" He asked. I nodded my head, he kissed my cheeks. "I love you."

"Love you too," I said and with that, he made his way to his meeting.

'''''''