32

"I guess this is your last Thanksgiving in this place, huh?" I asked looking around the house. He simply nodded his head getting back to cooking. I took a seat on one of the stools watching him cook. I made sure not to touch anything, the last time I tried to help cook Thanksgiving dinner I ended up burning the mashed potatoes. My dad had to run to the store to buy more and fix it. I remember him laughing about it on Christmas that year. I do miss the guy.

"Bri," Kevin said bringing back to Earth. He looked at me, his eyes asking if I was okay. He looked like he has been calling me for a while. I was so busy in my thought that I didn't hear him. "Mind getting the door?" He asked.

"Oh," I said. I heard the doorbell ring again, I got up and walked towards it. I opened the door and on the other side stood Kevin's older sister, Kathrine, with her family. She has two kids both girls and a husband. "Hi, how are you doing?" I asked her.

"Great that I'm here," she said. She gave me a hug, I hugged her back. "This is my husband Steve," she said pointing at the young man. "And these are my two beautiful girls, Jamie and Clarissa. Guys this is Brianna," she said pointing at me.

"Hi guys," I said to all of them. The husband shook my hands, I looked at both the girls, they were the exact image of Kathrine.

"Hi," Jamie said. "Are you uncle Kevin's wife?" She asked me with a smile.

"Jamie, no questions," her mom said. Thank goodness she said that, I didn't know how I was going to answer that. Was I Kevin's wife? Not technically, I was married to him by obligation and it would end as soon as I signed the papers and a judged ruled it.

"Come in," I told them, I opened the door wider and let them in. As I was about to close the door, I see Mr. Reynolds and Kelly coming. I leave it open, they walked in and I closed it. "Hi," I said to both of them.

"Hi sweetheart," Mr. Reynolds replied. I smiled and he gave me a hug.

"Happy Thanksgiving," Kelly replied also, "I'm so glad you're here," she gave me a big hug.

"Kev's in the kitchen," I told both of them knowing they wanted to see him.

"Thank you, sweetheart," his father said then left.

"You coming, Kelly?" I asked her when she didn't move.

"My boyfriend is coming," she told me. "I'll wait for him," I nodded my head and went back to the kitchen.

"Brianna," Kathrine called me. I turned making sure I heard it from her, her being nice was just too much. I wonder if she was actually starting to like me or she was just playing nice. "I'm not much of a cook, but my husband is amazing, mind watching a movie together?" She asked. My jaw dropped at what she was asking, she has never asked me to hang out with her before.

"I'd love to," I replied. She got up and called her girls to come and we made our way to the living room.

'''''''

"Dinner's ready!" I heard one of the guys yell from the dining area. I laughed at what was happening with 'Meet the Millers'. Kathrine turned the television off and went to where the guys were. When I was younger, I was taught that a woman should be cooking while the man watched a game or something. My father changed that thought, my mother was always a great cook but once in a while, he would let my mother relaxed while he cooked for her.

I was glad I could meet someone the same way, the idea that woman belonged in the kitchen forever changed. "Everything looks so good guys," Kathrine told the boys.

"Of course it does, I was part of it," her husband, Steve, replied. She chuckled and gave him a peck on his lips. She whispered something in his ears, he chuckled and grabbed her waist pulling her closer to him. Everyone was now watching them, he kissed her lips passionately. The kiss lasted longer than any of us expected. Mr. Reynolds scratched his throat making him pull away, he looked at his father-in-law feeling embarrassed. He put his head down, I couldn't help but chuckle.