11

"Hey, we haven't hung out in so long," Lucy said giving me a hug. I pulled away looking at her face, she looked happy, excited almost. We both took a seat on the bench at Central Park which we loved doing ever since we were children. "So, how's it's been?" She asked me.

"Okay, I guess," I said. "How you've been?' I asked her, "you seem so happy," I added. The last time I saw her this excited was when her husband, Jamal, asked her to marry him three years ago. She gave me an even bigger smile from ear to ear.

"Yes, I am," she said. She took my hands holding them in her own, "I have something to tell you," I nodded my head waiting for her to tell me why she was so happy. She put her loose curly hair behind her ear, "I'm pregnant!" She practically yelled. I looked at her surprise, I knew she's been married for three years and this would come, but I just didn't know it would be this soon. 

She said she wanted to have fun before she started having kids and would practically become a housewife. "Wow," I said giving her a hug. "Congrats, I don't know what to say," I told her honestly.

"I know, it came as a surprise to me, I was late and I knew there was a chance that I might be pregnant. I know I didn't want kids yet but after finding out and thinking how it would be to be a mother, I was sold to the idea," she said tears of joy falling down her cheeks. I took my thumbs wiping them away from her.

"I'm gonna be a godmother," I said with a smile realizing what it would mean to me. Lucy and I made a promise to each other, we decided to give our kids to each other as godkids. "Oh My God, congratulations," I told her giving her a hug again. 

"Yes, you will," she said. "I shouldn't be crying," I said. 

"Let's get some ice cream," I said getting up when I see an ice cream truck across from us. She got up also, I put my hand across her waist and we made our way to the truck. 

''''''''

"Hi, sorry I took so long, you needed me?" I asked Kevin entering his office. When I opened the door, he was seated at his desk on his laptop while the white bitch sat across from him. He looked up to me and close the laptop. "I'll wait," I told him about to walk out. 

It looked pretty tense, Kevin's veins were popping out of his forehead, and the girl looked even worse. "Um... no," Kevin said getting up from his desk. "It's fine, Alexis," he said looking at the girl. She got up from her seat and gave Kevin a death glare, "can you not do this?" He whispered to her which he was not good at. He walked and stood in front of the girl, she rolled her eyes and crossed her hands over her chest. "I'll call you later," he said.

"Whatever, Kevin," she grabbed her bag, turning around she gave me a fake smile rolling her eyes along with it. She walked out the door and slammed the door. 

"What can I help you with?" I asked him wondering why he called me here. I was curious about why the white bitch seemed so angry, but it was none of my business. He stared blankly at me, he looked like he was deep in thought. His hands were inside his pocket and his mouth was slightly opened. "Kev," I said grabbing his attention.

"Mhmm," he said, he rubbed his hand through his hair. 

"Why did you need me?" I ask him.

He widened his eyes and sighed, "um... I need you to plan a financial report for the past month, I'll send the necessary files," he said. 

"Okay, you got it," I said. "You could have just emailed me," I whispered under my breath mentally rolling my eyes. I was already in the city with Lucy, but he still wasted my gas driving all the way down here. He nodded his head slightly and went back to sitting on his desk, he opened back his laptop and went back to staring at it. "Kev," I called him, he looked up raising his eyebrows. "Are you okay?" I asked him.

"Yeah, why?" He asked.

"Um... probably because you were just arguing with your girlfriend," I said pointing at the door where the white bitch left.

"People argue," he answered.

"Yes they do, but you don't seem like your usual self," I told him. "No matter how weird this sounds, I hate seeing you mad or sad," I said. It was unusual for me to say that seeing that he treated me like crap. 

"I'm fine, Bri," he said sounding frustrated. 

"Kev," I said. He sighed and looked at me, "what happened?" I asked him.

"We had an argument," he answered.

"About?" I asked him.

"Wow, my ex is asking me about my current relationships," he said, he chuckled. "She thinks I've been distant and that I don't care about her," he said.

"Well, do you?" I asked him.

He licked his lips, "yes, I've been a little stress with work, but I do care about her. Alexis is a nice girl, really nice," he answered.

"Did you just describe her as nice?" I asked him. I'm nice, but I sure as hell wouldn't appreciate it if my boyfriend said that about me. He sounded like he was only with her because she's a nice girl. 

"Yeah, I mean she is," he replied.

"I'm sure she is, but that's not the point Kevin," I told him. "The only word you can describe her with is nice?" I asked him. "Most guys would describe her as a bitch who argues with you for no reason, but you still love her. A good girl who's bad in private, sexy as hell," I said.  "And to think you used to be a playboy, gotta learn how to please the ladies," I added. 

"I don't want to please the ladies, Bri, I'm tired, okay?" He asked. "At this point of my life, I thought I would be settling down, chasing around my two-year-old, and taking my wife on vacation on the Caribbean," I nodded my head.

"You still can, you do have a nice girl after all," I said putting air quotation marks around nice. "I hear they make good mothers. I'll see you at home," I told him grabbing my bag to leave. 

"I don't love her," he blurted out as I was about to open the door. I paused taking a deep breath. I hate when guys do that, if you don't love a girl just tell her. She doesn't deserve to be stranded along with you especially when she has true feelings for you. "I'm afraid to tell her the truth because she'll say that she was right. A few months ago, I was so sure of our relationship and now I'm stuck in darkness." I turned around and look at him.

"She was right about what?" I asked him, "you not loving her?" I asked again. "Just because she's a nice girl doesn't mean she deserves you lying to her and pretending to give a crap, Kevin," I said getting angry. "You men never change, do you?" I said shaking my head. 

"No, that's not why. She said that I'm still stuck in the past," he said. I stared at him waiting for him to elaborate more on the issue. "She thinks that I might still have feelings for you," he uttered. "And the truth is I think I might," he added. "Ever since you came I just-"

"Kevin," I said cutting him out. "I don't want to hear it. I don't care, I really don't. I remember I waited for almost two years to hear you say these exact words because I couldn't believe the truth. I wanted to believe you had made a mistake or that you were drunk or something that night, but you weren't and you didn't make a mistake," I said a minute away from crying. 

"Bri," he said. 

"No," I said shaking my head. "You don't get it, Kevin. I was in love with you, you were my life, I would do anything for you, but obviously, you didn't feel the same way. You broke up with me, not the other way around. You ended it when it was supposed to be one of our greatest days. So, over a decade later, I've moved on. Don't you dare say that you still have feelings for me. I told you, I love my father and my family. I'm doing them a favor, once the two years' finish I want out," I gave him one last look. 

I walked out the door slamming the door on my way out.

AN

Do you blame Brianna?

Au Revoir...