41

Trust him because my heart was telling me too? Was he serious, what the fuck did he mean by that? Even though part of my heart was telling me to trust him, I knew better than to listen to my heart again. My heat has always failed me, my own heart has gotten itself broken up into pieces over and over again simply because it wouldn't listen to the brain. 

I've listened to my heart enough already, Kevin has to work to get my trust back. Although my heart approved, I wanted my brain to approve also. The elevator stopped and I was on the floor where Kevin's office was, I couldn't believe I let my mom talk me into this. I knew she was grateful because Kevin paid off the debt, but she was really pushing it. She only did this because she wanted me to go see Kevin. You know what the crazy lady did?

She made muffins and practically ordered me to take them to Kevin. I accidentally let out that Kevin liked blueberry muffins and now I was the one getting punished for my big mouth. The receptionist smiled at me but doesn't bother stopping me. I've been here way too many times and on top of that, I think some of them still believed that Kevin and I were married. The board knew the truth though, it took a lot of convincing, but they agreed to put Kevin on a year grace period. 

I walked down the hallway to his office, I knocked and waited for him to answer, "come in," I heard his voice say on the other side. I opened the door, four eyes are staring at me. Lucy was here, I forgot that they worked together. I gave them both a small smile and walked in closing the door. "Bri, what are you doing here?" He asked surprised to see me. The lunch did not end so well, I myself thought I was never going to speak to him again. How I hate my mother right now?

"My mom made you muffins," I handed him the basket. He took it looking confused at why my mom made him muffins. "It's blueberry," I added. His eyes dilated excited, "it was her way of thanking you so expect a lot of muffins from now on," I said knowing my mom wouldn't stop.

"Well, I think that's a good payment," he smiled. I nodded my head, all three of us went into an uncomfortable silent each staring at each other awkwardly. Lucy got up, the scratched of her chair made us break eye contact. She stood up, I looked over at her. She was glowing, she looked beautiful, I guess people are right when they say pregnancy can make a woman glow. Her stomach was so big now, I think she was at least six months now. 

I wanted to ask her questions about it and ask how she was doing. Did she have morning sickness? One of us was pregnant and we always promised that we would give each other the full detail of it. "I'll be in the cafeteria," she told Kevin. Kevin nodded his head, she gave us a smile and left. I watched as the door closed, I wished nothing had happened between us. A thought came into my head, I knew what I had to do. I was going to throw her a baby shower, probably way too early, but who cares.

I knew she was my only close friend and I was her only close friend which meant no one was thinking about throwing her a baby shower. Maybe it could be my way of showing her that I forgave her and I want us to be cool again. "Kev," I called Kevin doing a cute face knowing I wanted a favor from him. 

"What do you want?" He asked.

"Mind telling me the sex of Lucy's baby?" I asked him.

"Um... why don't you just ask her yourself," he suggested. 

"Just tell me," I replied. 

He sighed and looked around as if there was someone in the room he didn't want to hear the what he was about to say. "It's a girl," he whispered, "but don't say anything because Jamal doesn't know. He wants it to be a surprise," I nodded my head understanding. This meant I had to make sure the party was neutral so Jamal wouldn't find out.

"Thank you," I smiled. He nodded his head, he undid the big bow my mother put on top of the basket for no reason. He uncovered it and there the muffins sat, he smiled and took one of the muffins. 

He moaned as he ate it, "this is really good, thank your mom," he said. I nodded my head, "muffin?" He asked me when he noticed me just staring at him. I shook my head no, I think I've eaten and seen enough muffin in one day. Not to brag or anything, but I did help my mom bake them. I'm the one who put them in the oven and took them out. I also helped her with the mixture. "Anything else?" He asked me.

"No," I said. I was about to leave when I turned around, "Kev," I called him. He looked up,"I'm sorry about the other day," I apologized for the lunch disaster. 

"It's fine," he got up from his desk and walked towards me. "Just gave me an idea of where we stand," I nodded my head. He stood inches away from me and stared into my eyes. His piercing blue eyes were one second away from making me walk up to him and kiss him. I broke the eye contact, I couldn't take it anymore. "You'll never trust me because you think I'll cheat on you."

"You know it's more than that," I told him, "it was a lot to take in," I said. "It's one thing to cheat on me, but it was with a guy, Kev. A fucking guy who was like your best friend."

"Mhmm," he said. "I'm aware of that and I've also apologized for that terrible mistake."

"I'm aware," I replied, "mistakes get repeated," I said honestly. "How do I trust you not to do the same thing again?" I asked, "am I going to walk in on you one day fucking a girl or even getting fucked by a guy who happened to be 'your friend'?"

AN

Don't forget to check out Brother's Girl guys...

I'd like to hear what you think about it and no it's not an MFM story. There will be no threesome, I don't do that kind of stuff.

Au Revoir...