25

"Brianna," she said. I could hear the pain in her voice. I stopped walking, she never was worried about things. I heard her sniffle over the phone indicating she has been crying.

"Mom, what is it?" I asked her getting worried.

"There was an accident." That's all I needed to hear, I walked out the door slamming it on my way out. I opened my car door and put the key in the ignition.

"Where are you, mom?" I asked her.

"I'm at Bellevue, room three fifty," she said. I hung up the phone and rushed to the hospital. All throughout the way, I couldn't help but think for the worst. That's how my mind was, it always pictured the worst. I already knew it was my dad and I could only help that he was okay. 

I parked my car in front of the hospital and rushed inside getting my visitor's pass. After that, I took the elevator and rushed to the room number my mom had given me. "Excuse me?" A doctor said as I tried to enter the room. "May I ask who are you?" He asked. I looked at the young doctor who was supposed to be treating my dad, he looked younger than me. Did he even know what he was doing?

"I'm Brianna, my mom called me," I told him, "I think my dad got in some sort of accident," I told him. 

"Oh," he said. He passed his hands through his dark hair and looked down at his chart. "Okay, but before you go, would you mind if I infrom you on his condition?" He asked.

"I really just want to see my father, but sure," I said lazily. I had to catch my breath anyway. 

"Okay," he said. As he was about to start, I heard heels walking up to us. When I looked, it was my sister, Cici. I rolled my eyes, God couldn't be serious. First, it was Kevin then her. Did I really have to see her today? As she walked people smiled at her, the doctor who was supposed to tell me my father's condition looked up and smiled. "Is that Cici?" He asked looking like he was one moment from running up to her and hugging her. "What is she doing here?" He asked his mouth opened. 

"Hi," Cici said when she finally arrived to us. "Hey," she told the doctor with a smile. 

"Oh my God," he exclaimed still not believing it. "My sister is like the biggest fan of yours," he added. Cici smiled and took out one of her headshots she just happened to have there, she looked at the doctor's name and signed it hading it to him. "Thank you," he said. 

To say I hated Cici would be an understatement.  I couldn't stand the girl, I always thought it was because we lived under the same roof. My mom said, once we didn't have each other, we would appreciate each other more, but I still don't. I was jealous of her on top of the hatred. She was just the perfect girl, daughter, everything. To add to all of that, she's a model.

In high school, people would sometimes refer to me as Cici's little sister. She wasn't just the popular girl, she was valedictorian of her class, captain of the girl's soccer team, a cheerleader, and she ran track. Her perfect body with the curves was a bonus, people liked her because of her vibrant personality. "What's going on?" She asked holding unto her handbag like the superstar she is.

"Well, your father is in a coma, he was in a car accident and he hit his head," the doctor said. 

"A car accident?" Cici asked liked she didn't know the definition of that.

"Yes, he drove into a tree which fell on the car," the doctor said. "His stress hormones were extremely high which might have been why he bumped into the tree," he added. "Has he seem really stress lately?"

"I don't know, I've been in California for the past few months. I arrived yesterday, was he stress Brianna?" She asked for the first time acknowledging me.