9

I sighed when I realized it was Friday which meant I could sleep until two in the afternoon, go to the club and do whatever the fuck I wanted. I walked into the kitchen to find something to eat, Kevin was right, I am the worst cook ever and that's a big problem since I wanted to eat some home cooked meal today.

I heard footsteps nearing the kitchen making me turn around, it was Kevin of course. Dressed in his suit, the same way I had seen him an hour ago since we do work at the same place. I turned back around and grabbed myself a bottle of water, I gulped it down my dry throat. Kevin was still standing behind me, I just knew it. Just like I predicted, when I turned he was standing by the island.

We haven't been talking what he said at that dinner, we weren't mad each other, but we just had nothing to say. It hurts too much I repeated the words he said that day. The problem was I don't know why it hurts when he broke up with me. I should've been the one afraid to think of what we had since I swear I'm going to break into tears when I do.

Kevin made a decision, he decided to dump me that day and it hurts? "Bri," he called me. I raised my eyebrow waiting to hear what he had to say. "My family wants to come over for dinner," he said.

"It's your house," I said. "Have fun," I grabbed a bag of chips and attempted to walk pass him. He grabbed my hands stopping me from going where I wanted which was my room. "What?" I asked him annoyed. 

"You don't want to have dinner with my family?" He asked.

"No," I answered without hesitation, "you know what I want to do?" I asked him. "I want to go take a nap, shower, then go out drinking and see my old friends," I said. "I'm sure Alexis would love to have dinner with your family," I added. I walked pass him and practically ran up the stairs, he was really getting on my nerves.

I knew he wouldn't dare invite Alexis to dinner with him because his family has no idea he was seeing her or using her, whatever he wanted to call it. I entered my room and toss out my shoes, I opened the chips grabbed my phone and started binge-watching Netflix as I stuffed my face with junk food.

''''''

I am awakened by the front door opening, I gasped. I must've fallen asleep while watching my show. The room was already dark, I check the time and it was already eight p.m. I get out of bed and take my work clothes off, I hoped in the shower to take a much-needed shower. 

Maybe Kevin's family has already arrived, probably why I heard the door opened. I didn't hate his family and I believe they don't hate me also, but I just didn't want to see them. The last time I saw them was back when we used to date and that was a long time ago. 

Kevin's family are super close, he has two sisters. Kathrine, who is older than him and Kelly who is younger. I like Kelly, she is two years younger and she always looked up to me which made me feel wise. Kathrine, on the other hand, was something else, she has the same personality as Kevin which is not a good trait. And there was his mother, she was so nice and peaceful, but she died, unfortunately.

I tried to befriend Kathrine, but it was always awkward since she was already in college and she thinks she's the boss for some odd reason. I get out of the shower walking into my closet. I put on a simple black dress and some flats. I put on earrings, necklace, and a bracelet. I added some light makeup and I was all ready to go. I grabbed my phone from my bed, I had texted Lucy earlier and she said, she would meet me at the club since she needed to have some fun also. 

I opened my door making sure not to make any noise. I tippytoed down the stairs, as soon as I reached the bottom of the stairs I heard laughter coming from the kitchen. I ignored them and made my way to the front door, I was about to twist the door open when I heard my name. "Brianna," the familiar voice said. I turned around to see who the voice belonged to and it was Kelly. I smiled, I haven't seen her since high school. She approached me and engulfed me in a big hug. "Wow, I haven't seen you in so long," she said after she pulled away.

"Yeah, how you've been?" I asked her.

"Great, what about you?" She asked, "probably not that great considering you have to live with my brother," she joked. I chuckled and nodded my head. "Come have dinner with us," she suggested.

"I would love to, but I have to be somewhere," I said pointing at the front door which I was about to get out of. 

"I'm sure it can wait for thirty minutes," she said. She grabbed my hand and walked me to the dining area. Really? I just wanted to have a drink for christ's sake, not have dinner with them. Everyone stopped their conversation and stared at me. At the table sat, Kevin, Kathrine, and Mr. Reynolds. Mr. Reynolds smiled at me and patted the chair next to him so I could take a seat. "I found Brianna," Kelly said rolling her eyes at Kevin.

"How are you, dear?" Mr. Reynolds asked as I took a seat.

"Good, you?" I asked.

"Good," he said. "Kev, why don't you make Brianna a plate?" He asked his son.

"Um... no thank you," I said. "I'm just visiting," I said. Mr. Reynolds nodded his head and went back to eating. Kathrine looked at me and I smiled acknowledging me. To my surprise, she smiled back and went back to her eating.

"What have you been up to?" Kelly asked me.

"You know, just stuff," I answered. I hated when people asked me that especially since not much has changed in my life. I lived with my parents until a few weeks ago, I still wasn't married- a real one, and I still had no kids. I've just been getting an education and working. 

"Yeah," she replied. "Man, I can't believe how long it's been," she added.

"I agree, life has changed so much," Kathrine said this time. "Some of us haven't really grown up, though," she said looking at Kevin. Kevin rolled his eyes and ignored her comment. "I'm serious, Kev," she said. Kevin looked up at her, his eyebrows raised. "I want to be an aunt."

"Me too," Kelly agreed.

"You too, Kelly?" Kevin asked looking at his little sister. She shrugged her shoulders and gave him a sorry face. "I'm not at that point in my life right now," he told them. "When I am, I'll be sure to give you guys some nephews and nieces," he said. "Happy now?" He asked them.

"Nope, for all we know it could take fifty years," Kelly said. "I can't help but wonder what would have happened if you guys hadn't broken up," she added looking at both Kevin and I. Kevin put his head down and went back to eating his food, "maybe I would have been an aunt already," Kelly let out a lazy sigh.

"True," Kathrine said this time. 

"It was nice seeing you guys, but I have to go," I said to everyone giving them a smile. 

"Hope to see you soon," both Kelly and Mr. Reynolds said. I gave them a smile and got up. 

I sighed when I am finally out of their eye view, I couldn't stay in there for one more minute. What was with them talking about Kevin having kids and why did they have to bring me into it. I opened the front door, "Bri," I heard Kevin call me.

"Yeah," I said turning around.

 He ran up to me, "I'm sorry, I didn't know my sisters were going to do that," he said. 

"It's fine," I said honestly. "I'm gonna go now, enjoy dinner with your family," I told him.

"Bri," he said as I try to walk away. I raised my eyebrow, "um... do you ever think about what would've happened if our relationship didn't end in high school?" He asked. 

"I-I, sure, I don't know," I said. "Does it matter?" I asked him.

"I guess not," he answered. "I just can't help but think that we were going to be something amazing, we were so in love," I rolled my eyes and just walked to my car ignoring him.

I got inside the car and started it but didn't move, Kevin stood there his hands inside of his pocket staring at me. Why did he have to do that? Why did he have to bring back our relationship?

I shook my head and got out of the driveway.

AN

Have you ever been in love?

Au Revoir...