20

"I don't know, maybe because she made Kevin break up with you."

I sat in the dark kitchen, my mind mesmerizing on the words Alexis had repeated earlier. Only the lights of the full moon could be seen in the kitchen. The moon's light hits with the countertop making it shine. I didn't know how long I've been sitting here, it felt like hours.

I only came down here to drink a glass of wine before going off to bed. A glass might have turned into two or three. I must have been sitting here for an hour since the kitchen's censored light was now off not even recognizing that there was surely a life sitting in the dark. I didn't bother moving to let the advance technology know I was still here, I somehow enjoyed the dark. 

That's how my life felt right now, dark. Everything was upside down, the few people I've grown to trust were now causing me to doubt them. Lucy was more than a friend to me, she was like my sister. We slept in the same bad sometimes, wore each other's clothes, she was a part of me. Knowing that she might've been the cause of my heartbreak, the cause of one of my worst moments in my life right now just hurts. 

I didn't choose to question her nor Kevin about it though, I knew these two for my whole life and I only met Alexis a few months ago. For all I know she could be lying to me. The front door opened, after a few seconds, I heard it slam shut. It must be nearing ten p.m. right now, but Kevin just came home. I heard his footsteps coming closer to the kitchen. The moment he stepped foot inside, the light turned on. "Holy shit!" He yelled, I didn't bother turning around to see what was wrong. He was always exaggerating, "you scared me, Bri," he added after a while. 

I didn't answer him, I hadn't moved at all and I wasn't planning to. "You were waiting up for me?" He asked coming closer to me. I could feel his presence behind me, he kissed my cheek gently. I was angry at him right, furious, but still, I liked the feeling his lips left on my cheek. He put his hands on my waist, "you know," he said besides my ear. He placed kisses from my jawline down to my neck. "I don't enjoy you coming to my office and teasing me like that."

The memory of what happened earlier flashed through my mind. Him getting frustrated at me for causing his boner and me laughing about it. The once humorous action didn't seem funny now. He continued to kiss my neck, to say it didn't bother me would be a lie. At this point I just wanted to turn around and kiss him, kiss him like I didn't have a care in the world. 

I wanted to expose myself to him, wrap my legs around him, and just let him make me moan his name. The thoughts are disrupted when he pulls away. I hated that he stopped, but was glad that he did. I was supposed to be mad at, it wasn't like me to think of sex instead of the things in front of me. The fact that I hadn't had sex in like three months didn't help my cause either. "Brianna," he called my name. I didn't budge nor bothered to answer him. "What's wrong?" He asked.

I ignored him again, he took my body and turned me around to look at him. "Babe, what is it?" He asked me. I wanted to scream at him, hit him right now. The fact that Lucy made him break up with me said a lot. Were they sleeping together? It wouldn't be such a surprise if they were, Lucy was sexually active in high school and of course, Kevin was too. When I told Kevin I was a virgin and didn't want to have sex, he supported my decision. Maybe he was so willing to accept it because he was getting pussy somewhere else. "What did I do this time?" He asked.

I opened my mouth about to say something, but my voice was hoarse from not speaking for so long. He let me go and walked to the fridge. I watched as he grabbed a cup and poured himself some juice. He filled the cup, he then poured the juice into his throat. His Adam's apple moved quickly as it descended his throat. "Lucy," I managed to say as I cleared my throat. He looked at me raising his eyebrow. "Are you sleeping with her?" I blurted out. Not the way I wanted to start this conversation, but these are the words that came out of my mouth.

His jaw dropped, he licked his lips and tapped his nails on the counter. His face expression screamed anger, it took a while before he looked back up at me. He approached me and stood in front of me leaving only inches in between. "You think this low of me?" He asked back.

"I don't know what I think of you," I retorted back.  

He bent his head to the side slightly, he chuckled. I couldn't tell if the sound coming from his mouth was genuine or not. "Do you know what I think of you?" He asked me. I shook my head no, "I think that you have so many issues that your little head is coming up ideas to cause drama. Brianna, I'm trying to win you back and the fact that you think I would be sleeping with your best friend just proves that I shouldn't," he said. 

"To answer your question: no, I am not sleeping with Lucy," he finally said what I wanted to hear. I looked down at his legs to see if he was shaking them, but he wasn't. He was telling me the truth, I sighed and rubbed my eyes.

"I'm sorry," I apologized to him. "I'm being paranoid and crazy," I added. He nodded his head agreeing with me. "If you're not sleeping with her, why did she make you break up with me?" I asked him. 

He seemed surprised by my question, "who told you that?" He asked me.

"I have my ways," I said shrugging my shoulder.

"Lucy did not make me break up with you," he said. He grabbed my hands and entangled it with his. He kissed the back of my hand gently. I looked him in the eye still wondering if I should trust him. His blue eyes caused me to lose all types of questions and doubts I had in my mind. "Can you stop being paranoid?" He asked. "I am not sleeping with Lucy and she did not make me break up with you," he reassured me. "Okay?" He asked. I nodded my head not being able to form words.

He lets go of my hands and closed the little space that existed between us. His body was against mine, he brought out his hand and caressed my face. He moved his hand to my neck rubbing his thumb against it. I closed my eyes admiring how his hand felt on my skin. 

I opened my eyes and stared at him, I wrapped my hands around his neck and pulled him towards me. I kissed him, he bit my bottom lip gently.  I got up from the stool, he pinned me against the countertop. I pulled away slowly, I took his jacket off and started unbuttoning his shirt.

At this point, I didn't know if I was letting the wine or my hormones get the best of me, but I knew I wasn't thinking with my brain. I knew he was lying to me, he probably slept with my best friend in high school, but I didn't care. He said he wasn't sleeping with Lucy, he never said he didn't.

AN

Kevin said he currently wasn't but, doesn't mean he hasn't.

Au Revoir...