31

I looked at the place where the man is putting the sofa, "a little closer," I told him. He moved a little closer. "Perfect," I said. He stopped and I smiled liking exactly where it was. "Thank you," I added. 

"No problem," he replied. "You'll have to sign this mam," he took out his clipboard holding a piece of paper for me sign saying that he delivered the furniture to the right place. I smiled and took the clipboard from him, I signed my name and handed it back. "Have a good day," he told me.

"You too," I answered. I walked him out the door and closed it turning around. I looked at my own apartment. I never had my own place before. Even when I moved out for college, I only lived in the dorms for freshman year and then moved back home since I went to a local university. It took me three days to move and get everything situated, but it was my own. 

"That bathroom smells so good," Alexis said coming out of the bathroom. I smiled, I almost forgot that she was here. She has been helping me move, I told her no, but she insisted. I was kind of happy that she was helping, the work seemed to get her mind off her problems for a while. "Perfect place," she said looking at the sofa. 

"Thank you for helping me move," I told her. She nodded her head, "so you're spending Thanksgiving with your family?" I asked her. I wanted to make sure she wouldn't be alone for the holidays. It was a time to be thankful and be around family even though I had no family to spend it with. Sadness ran through my eyes for a moment. I shook my head telling myself it wasn't the time for that. 

"Yes, my brother is finally coming home after two years," she said happily. I learned that she has a big family. Her parents have six kids, her being the second eldest. She talked about her brother a lot, he's the oldest. She said he moved to Seattle for a job opportunity and they haven't had a chance to meet up. 

"Enjoy him," I said. She smiled. 

"Anyways, sweetheart, I got to get going. I have to help my mom start cooking for the big day," she said. 

"Thank you," I told her. 

"No problem," she said. I walked her to the door and gave her a hug. I turned around feeling a little happy inside. I sat on the sofa. Everything was perfect except for one thing. I've never lived alone and had to be by myself before. I had no idea what to do right now. I turned on the brand new television, nothing in it interests me. I looked at the time, it was just a quarter passed eight. I sighed knowing I wouldn't be able to sleep anytime soon.

I decided to do the one thing I could think about. I took a shower and got dressed nicely. I took my keys and decided to head to the club I haven't been to in so long. After about twenty minutes, I arrived. I passed in front of everyone since the guard knew me. He smiled and let me in, the loud music played as people danced their butt off. 

Everyone here looked so happy and free probably because most of them were drunk. Getting drunk would be such a good idea right now, get wild and forget about thigs, I walked to the bar and smiled at Joey, "hey Joe," I told him with a smile. He immediately knew what I wanted, "wait," I told him. "Give me something different, surprise me," I said. Every time I came here I always got the same thing, Vodka, and today I wanted to be different. Be free, be me or something. 

Joey put the glass down in front of me and took out a bottle that definitely was not Vodka, I didn't bother asking him what it was. "Long time no see," he told as he poured the drink. "Heard about your dad, I'm sorry," he added. I nodded my head, leave it to him to kill my mood and remind me of something I didn't want to. 

"Thank you," I said politely. People always say thanks when you tell them sorry for their loss. Thank you for what? For knowing I lost someone, for saying sorry even though it wasn't your fault, sorry for reminding me of it? He finished, I took it and poured it down my throat. I felt the familiar tingle in my throat, I liked it though.