26

Kevin's POV

"This lady talking about I got to give it up," my friend, Anthony, said to Matthew and I. I shook my head not even knowing what he was talking about. I was to busy staring at Brianna standing on the opposite side of the parking lot arguing with Cici. "Man, what are you looking at?" Anthony asked me touching my arm lightly to grab my attention. He turned around and looked at the girls I was staring at. "You know she's John's girl right?" He questioned.

"Oh, that's who she's dating this week," I said not surprised at all that she would have another boyfriend. 

"Yeah, plus she's way out of your league man. She's a senior," I rolled my eyes and looked.

"What's wrong with that?" Matthew asked, "the more experience, the better," he said licking his lips. I opened my mouth to say something but immediately shut up. Sometimes I really question my choice of friends. "Anyway, he's not staring at Cici, he's looking at her nerdy little sister."

"Brianna," I said, "her nerdy little sister has a name; it's Brianna," I corrected them.

"I know," Matthew answered, "she's also not worth your time. Why can't you get it in your head that she'll never go out with you?" He asked.

"She's just playing hard to get," I replied. Brianna crossed her hands over her chest getting furious at her sister. All I could see was their mouth movements, I wished I could hear why they were arguing in a student parking lot. 

"Yeah, she's been playing that game for six months now," Matthew said sarcastically. Anthony laughed and I rolled my eyes at them both. "Plus she really doesn't deserve your crap."

"What?" I asked.

"She's a good kid, she doesn't deserve you playing with her like one of your hoes," he said. 

"I don't want to," I said. I watched as Cici walked to her car and slammed the door as she entered the driver's side. Brianna goes to open the passenger side, but it is locked. She pulled the door, but her sister doesn't bother letting her in. Her sister pressed on the gas pedal hard making the few people who were still here turn around. She drove off the parking lot and left her sister standing there. 

Both Matthew and Anthony stared at Brianna, they gave me a quick smile and made their way to their cars. "See you tomorrow," Anthony said as he entered his car.

"We're running a mile before school tomorrow," Matthew added entering his car also. Matthew wanted to act like he knew Brianna, but he wouldn't try to take her home. They both drove away, I walked to her Brianna was standing. 

"Hi," I told her with a smile.

"Fuck off Reynolds," she said calling me what every teacher in the school called me. I hated when she did that, it felt too formal. "I can't help you with your chemistry homework and no I won't go out with you," she said answering what I usually ask her.

"I wasn't going to ask," I said raising my hand in defense. "I was going to ask if you needed a ride," I added.

"Um... Sorry," she said apologizing for her assuming. "Sure," she added lazily.

"Okay," I walked her back to where my car was. I opened the passenger door for her and let her in. I went to the driver's side and started up the car. "Sorry about your sister," I said as I exited the parking lot.

"Yeah, I hate siblings," she said staring out the window. "You have any siblings?" She asked me turning to look at me. I nodded my head, "you probably have a cool brother that you play football with or something," she said fidgetting her fingers.