8

I smiled at the receptionist as I entered the building of Reynolds corporation. I walked to Kevin's office so I can give him the work I got earlier. I knew I said I would email it to him, but I was still in the city and I felt like doing something with my life. I opened his door without knocking, let's just hope he was not with that stupid white bitch as I enter.

Kevin looked up from his laptop and gave me a smile, "you could have knocked," he said. I gave him a fake smile and handed him the file. "So, what do you think?" He asked me regarding the file.

"Well, if all were to go well you would profit a lot," I told him honestly.

"And if not?" He asked.

"You would lose more than the money you put in," I said. He rubbed his eyes looking at the file again. "It's a risk, you decide if you want to take it," I added. He nodded his head.

"I just want my first business move as C.E.O to be successful, you know?" He asked, "want to prove that I'm capable of doing this," he added. I looked at him, worried was written all throughout his face. I hated him, but I kind of felt bad for him. He didn't want to let his father down.

"Why don't you run the idea by your father," I told him. "And sometimes, risks are worth taking," I said. He nodded his head. I grabbed my bag to leave.

"Wait," he said stopping me in my track, "Bri," he called my nickanme. It's funny Bri is a popular nickname for Brianna, but he was the only one who called me like that. He's been calling me that since high school and I loved hearing it every time it came out of his mouth. "I'm sorry for being so shitty to you," he added. "Let me make it up to you," he said. I turned and looked at him.

There was no way he could make it up to me unless he would forgive my family's debt and I wouldn't have to be married to him. Nothing would make me happier, "have dinner with me," he said. 

"Um... I appreciate the offer, but no thank you," I kindly declined the offer. The last thing I needed was sitting through an awkward dinner with him. A dinner where he insulted me more and I regretted my decision to help my parents.

"It's not a question," he said. I rolled my eyes at him, "please," he said. He got up from his desk and came to stand in front of me. "Just come to the dinner, if you are not enjoying yourself, you can leave," he looked me in the eye. His blue eyes felt like they were forcing me into saying what he wanted to hear, his cute face, his pink lips. I shook my head and took a deep breath. 

"Fine," I gave in to his request. Dinner wouldn't be that bad, it's food. Food with the monster, but food nonetheless. 

"I'll meet you at that place on fifth avenue at seven," he said. I nodded my head and made my way out of the room. 

'''''''

I parked my car and stared at the restaurant in front of me. Kevin had some nerve, he's taken me here before back in high school. This restaurant was where he asked me to prom, but we never had a chance to go since he broke up with me. I haven't come here ever since and it looked like they have made some renovations. I grabbed my bag and made my way inside the place, it was already fifteen minutes past seven which I considered fashionably late. "Hi, how may I help you?" A lady sitting at the front desk asked as I entered the place.

"I'm supposed to meet someone here," I said. I took a peek at the restaurant, there was no sign of Kevin. Please don't tell me he ditched me after he practically begged me to come to dinner with him. "Reservation would be under Reynolds," I informed her. She took a look at her computer and smiled.

"Yes," she said. "Raul, please direct her to table five," he said to another young man. He nodded his head and motioned for me to follow him. I followed to a table in the far way back, it was a table for two. I took a seat and thanked him.

"Anything I can get you?" He asked.

"Just water for now," I smiled. He nodded his head and left me. I looked at the menu to see what they served. Last time I came here, you didn't need reservations. It was pretty much a place where a bunch of high school kids used to come to hang out. It had booths, a tv, and a bar for when the adults came at night. I can't believe how much they've changed this place. Raul then came with my water setting it down. 

I took a big sip since I was feeling really thirsty, I looked at my watch and it was already seven thirty. I started to get worried, Kevin never was one to be late so it can only mean one thing. He ditched me, I tap my nails impatiently on the table hoping I was wrong. Just when I was about to get about to leave, I saw him coming up to me in a rush. "I am so sorry I'm late," he informed me taking a seat across from me.

I nodded my head, "I just got so caught up in work that I didn't see the time, no excuses," he said passing his hand up in the air. I looked at him, he was still in his work clothes. His eyes were baggy indicating he was tired. 

"It's fine," I finally answered him.

"So, um... how was your day?" He asked trying to do some small talk.

"It was okay, how was yours?" I asked him. 

"Great," he lied. I shook my head, he grabbed the menu looking at it, I continue to do the same. Raul then came back taking Kevin's order. I watched as his mouth moved telling him what he needed, but I didn't hear anything he was saying. I was just caught up looking at how his mouth moved and how he smiled when Raul asked a question verifying what he said. "Bri," I heard him say. I looked at him, "your order," he said. 

I looked over at Raul, "just the salad please," I told him. He wrote it down and left the table shortly after. 

"You okay?" Kevin asked me touching my hand. I nodded my head, although I would have preferred to be anywhere but here. The restaurant brought up old memories, I wonder if he knew that we had been to this restaurant before. "What have you been up to?" He asked. I raised my eyebrow not understanding what he is asking. "I mean the past few years," he corrected himself.

"School and work," I answered him. "I guess the same for you," he nodded his head.

"Yeah, I never did thank you for doing this. I'm sure you'd rather be married to this hot guy," I chuckled.

"Yeah, I would," I answered.

"You were supposed to say that I'm hot, but thank you. It means a lot to me," he said. 

"Why didn't you get the white bitch to help?" I asked him.

"White bitch?" He asked, he chuckled, "she has a name," I smiled, "I don't know. My father mentioned your family needed some help and I guess it was just an idea to help the both of us. Anyways, do you remember when this used to be just an after-school hangout?" He asked.

"You remember?" I asked.

"Yeah, we used to hang out here all the time. This is where I asked you to go to prom with me. God, I remember being so nervous," I looked at him unbelievability written all over my face. "What?" He asked.

"Nothing, it's just annoying, you know? Sometimes you act like you barely remember that we dated while sometimes you act like you do."

"Well, I do remember us dating, every moment of it," he said. "Sometimes I just wish I'd forget about it," he murmured under his breath. 

"Why?" I asked him. 

"Because, I don't know, it's just-" Raul then comes with our food. He puts them down asking if we needed anything else. "It's too painful to think of," he added. I looked at him and didn't choose to question it any further.

I started eating my food and we spent the rest of the time not saying a word to each other.

AN

Tell me what you think... VOTE and COMMENT, please...

Au Revoir...