Chapter-24(II)-He can be sweet

Noor's pov:
"Assalam alaikum"i hugged ammi
"Walaikum salam meri bachi"ammi hugged back.

I started to cry. I had missed her so much. She heard me sniffling,she pulled back and wiped my tears.
"Nahi bachay,rote nahi.(no child,don't cry)"she kissed my cheek softly.

I smiled at her and said,
"I missed you a lot ammi"
"I missed you too beta. Without you the house was so silent. Even numair and naila were sad"she said.

I smiled,
"By the way,where are my munchkins"
I said while hugging my sana.

"Api,they are at school. Aunty forced them to go to school"she said.

"Arey adeel,come inside"my mom said hugging him.
We greeted everyone who were present.

My aunts and uncles. Our house was full. I was busy chatting with my cousins,while adeel was talking with my aunts.

"Beta aajao,khaana tayyar hai(come on,food is ready)"ammi said.
I went down and sat beside ammi.

Adeel sat opposite of me,sitting beside one of my cousin.
She started chatting with him.

I looked at him to find him smirking at me. I rolled my eyes. Seems like asma is 'very fond' of my husband.

I saw her blushing whenever adeel praised her about her work or looks. I rolled my eyes and looked away.

"Noor..what did adeel give you as mahr"api asked me.
"Uh...that"i didnt knew what to answer,because he hadn't given my anything as mahr.

I looked at him,to find him eating silently. Hugh.
"Haan beta,bolo..what did adeel give you as mahr"my aunty asked.

"Aunty..wo..umm-"before i could speak,he said.
"I gave her a diamond ring"

Ya allah,he lied.
"Oh mashallah,show us noor. You are so lucky to get a diamond ring as mahr" aunty said, smiling at me.

I smiled at her. Because of him i had to lie too. When there is no ring,what will i show to them?

"Aunty..wo..main pehnna bhul gayi(i forgot to wear my ring)"i said while looking down.

"What? How can you forget it noor?" Aunty exclaimed.
"She's right. How could you forget to wear it? Its the first thing that your husband ever gifts you. You have to wear it your whole life. It's considered unlucky if the wife doesn't wear the gift given by her husband" ammi scolded.

"Sorry ammi. In a hurry i forgot to wear. Next time,i will surely wear it"i said apologetically.

Ammi nodded and continued eating her biryani. I looked at adeel to find him smirking at me.

It was all his fault that i had to lie and get scolding from my mom. I got so angry. Hmm,let's take revenge.

As he was sitting opposite to me,it was not that difficult. I was wearing my 3 inch heels. I moved my leg forward under the table. I made sure that it was his foot.

1-2-3.
Stomp!
"Ouch"he shouted.

"What happened son? Are you okay?" Ammi asked concerned.
"No aunty,i am fine. It was just an insect maybe"he said trying to control his anger.

I smiled innocently at him,bashing my eyelashes at him. He looked away angrily,while I smirked to myself.

Shabaash noor! I self praised myself.

After the dinner,we cleaned up the kitchen and dishes,which me left me hella tired. All the guests had left,and I couldn't let ammi do all the work. So it was me who washed it all.