Chapter-60-Trouble in paradise

Noor's pov:
I look at the clock and sighed. 8:30pm. He's not here yet. I heard ammi call for me.
"Noor..beta cut the cake now. Its too late,its dinner time now."ammi said urgently.

I look at the guests around me.
"Just few more minutes ammi. Let adeel come. It's armaan's first birthday and how can we cut the cake without his father. Just few minutes"i said vaguely.

I saw armaan at the corner playing with numair. I smile at them. Time passes so fast. It feels like it was just a few days ago when i gave birth to armaan,but look at this....he's 1 year old today.

I remember that night

I remember that night. He was born at 2 am. I had severe labor pain. I was in so much pain and suffering. I laugh at the memory.

The hall was decorated in a combination of red and blue. In the center there was a stage in which armaan was written in big letters. A huge table was placed where the cake stood,along with the presents.

Adeel returned few days ago. He got several injuries but was fine. We are currently waiting for him to join the party,but he's nowhere to be seen.

I turn around and see all the guests giving me glances. I sigh. I can't wait for him anymore.
"Okay....so let's cut the cake..."I announced and walk up to the stage. Numair brought armaan with him. I pick him up and kiss his cheek.

I hold him up in my hands and carefully hold the knife and cut the cake. The crowd started singing the happy birthday song,making armaan giggle in happiness.

After cutting the cake and feeding them to the guests,I pick up my phone and dialed adeel's number

After cutting the cake and feeding them to the guests,I pick up my phone and dialed adeel's number. I sigh in frustration. His phone is switched off. Where is he? He couldn't even attend his son's first birthday.

I feel someone tap my shoulder. There was a child. She looked at me with an emotionless expression. I got nervous but therefore smiled at her. After all,she was just a kid.

"Hey,you want some cake? Its over there-"she cut me off by saying,
"Adeel...adeel...he..he is over there..outside."she muttered.