vingt trois

the alarm clock read 1:23am in bright red letters. it was almost pitch black in taehyung's room. only bright stars illuminating the sky, the light from those stars shone over taehyung's sun kissed skin. he was spread over the covers, shirtless as it was too hot to wear clothing. he only wore long basketball shorts which was almost too much for him.

as taehyung continued to rest, the sound of a loud crash echoed from the living room. it was only him at the house tonight. the kim's had to go on a business trip for a couple of weeks, and namjoon and seokjin went to god knows where. but most likely jungkook's since that's where they always hang out.

taehyung had woken up when he realized there was someone in the house who wasn't him.

"what the fuck is going on?" taehyung was beyond scared, he didn't know what to think.

he heard heavy footsteps coming from the kitchen. when he peeked through the railings of the stairs, he saw a man dressed in all black, leaving footprints that looked like shiny black paint behind.

taehyung didn't know what to do. the closest person to him that he knew was jimin, but he didn't know if someone would be awake at this time.

he couldn't even call the police.

but he dialed jimin's number.

jimin was still acting distant towards him, but he was all taehyung had got.

luckily the ringtone had woken jimin up.

"t-taehyung?" jimin shut up immediately when he heard a loud bang.

taetae💘: someone broke in.. i'm scared, chim

jimin could hear sniffling from the other line, "taehyung, do not text me... listen to me, okay? y-you're going to be okay, i'm calling the police. don't make a sound, though you can't anyways." it was dead silent on the other line for a moment, but jimin then started to hear taehyung's heavy breathing.

"taehyung, calm down.. hide," jimin demanded.

both taehyung and jimin heard footsteps coming up the stairs. taehyung made a run for the closet.

taehyung could hear jimin talking to the police on a home phone, they'd be showing up any minute.

"come out here, you dirtbag," a deep voice yelled, knowing that there had to be someone in this room.

that voice, it sounded so familiar.

taehyung peeked to see that the criminal had a gun in hand.

"shit," taehyung started to cry.

"taehyung, be quiet!" jimin whisper-yelled, trying his best to hold back his own tears.

"hah, i found you, you stupid mute," the man cackled, grabbing taehyung by the hair.

"oh, even better... a red mute," he smirked, grabbing the wrist which had the cut.

jimin was full on bawling on the other line.

"please, stop," taehyung mouthed, eyes red and puffy, trying to kick out of the mans grip.

"never..." he growled, lifting the gun to the boy's chest.

"who would ever love you? everything about you is ugly," he snorted, pulling back the trigger.

red and blue were flashing out the window.

"any last words...?" the man joked, slapping taehyung's face.

"fuck you," taehyung mouthed, kicking the mans crotch.

a loud bang rang through the house, the street, the neighborhood.

"no!" jimin cried from the other line, the call was disconnected afterwords.

taehyung fell to the ground, and fast. the man jumped out of the bathroom window, leaving the scene. as the police finally made it to taehyung's room, it was too late. taehyung blinked once, before shutting his eyes for good. blood spilled out of his chest uncontrollably. he was paler than he's ever been. one cop took taehyung out of the house carefully, while the rest searched the house for safety reasons.

when taehyung made it outside, jimin was already there. his heart shattered as he saw taehyung being carried away, lifeless.

"taehyung!" jimin cried. "please be okay, for me," jimin bawled even more.

a women then came up to him, "son, are you afraid?"

"afraid of what?" jimin asked, his body shaking. he can't think when he knows taehyung isn't okay.

"afraid that your boyfriend won't make it," the women cleared up, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"he's not my boyfriend, but i am afraid. he means everything to me. i-i don't understand why s-someone would d-do such a thing," jimin continued to bawl, seeing that the ambulance had left.

"i'm really sorry, kid. you do realize he's a red, right?" the women asked, almost disgusted.

"yes, i do. and i could care less," jimin blurted, crying more after the realization he might never be able to tell taehyung how he feels.

"if you want, i could give you a ride to the hospital," the women offered, walking up to her police car.

"t-thank you so m-much," jimin stuttered out, his voice becoming weaker and weaker.

the drive felt like hours, yet in reality was was only twenty minutes. jimin kept his head down, playing back memories he's had with taehyung.

"why would anyone do this to him? he's so young, so precious," jimin thought to himself.

he then thought about why him and taehyung became distant a couple weeks ago.

"kunpimook... if.. if this was him, he's fucking done for," jimin clenched his fist, trying to hold back tears.

"i should've never trusted that fucker," jimin mumbled under his breath.

"woah, woah there young man. trusted who?" the police officer asked, pulling into a parking spot.

"i.. i-i have a feeling i know w-who shot t-taehyung," jimin confessed, keeping his head down.

"who?," the woman asked, leaning closer because jimin's voice was so small.

"kunpimook bhuwakul..."

___________________________
oof

i was going to write a chapter before this one, idk what happened pFFt