Chapter 11

(Y/N): Up for Pizza Palace today? My friends are performing there today!

Adam: Who the hell are you?

(Y/N): Um, excuse me?

Adam: Sorry, I thought you were someone else. Sure, let's meet up.

Phoebe enjoyed seeing Max being stupid and oblivious to obvious things, but this was frustrating her beyond any limits

Phoebe enjoyed seeing Max being stupid and oblivious to obvious things, but this was frustrating her beyond any limits. While she doesn't like the idea of her best friend and her worst family member getting together, she can't ignore what a cute couple you'd make.

Plus, he might go easier on Phoebe if he was dating her best friend.

He was just so stupid. Why couldn't he just see that he likes her?

Stupid Max. She understood if he felt something and was just too afraid to say anything, but Phoebe felt that she needed to clearly spell out his feelings for him.

So, of course, she took responsibility for this.

(Y/N)+Max shall be born!

.

The next morning at breakfast, Phoebe gnawed on her bacon as Max sat beside her, buttering his toast.

"Can you pass me the jam?" She asked and Max briefly looked up from his toast and shook his head.

"You are such a jerk," She scolded even though she knew he would do this, "I swear, if you didn't like (Y/N), I would kick you right now." This statement was irrelevant, sure, but it was enough to steer the conversation where she needed it to.

"What?" "What?"

"That is ridiculous, I do not like (Y/N)." He scoffed, gulping down a glass of orange juice. 'Oh, how he was going to choke on those words.'

"Good, because I was thinking of setting her up with Lionel."

"Eheck-!" 'Literally.'

She smirked, amused, as Max wiped the juice dribbling down his chin with a napkin. He glared at her, "Yeah, nice try finding some who would want to go out with her."

"Actually, I happen to know that he has a crush on her." "Doesn't matter, he isn't exactly the definition of suave."

"Well, good, because (Y/N) likes cute, dorky guys."

"Yeah, right. Let's just see if they end up together." Max said smugly.

'Oh, my little puppet Max, I already know who's going to end up together.' Phoebe smirked as she grabbed her backpack and left for school.

.

"Hey (Y/N)!" "Hey Pheebs, do you think you could give me that book you issued for that project due next week, I need it for some research material." You asked as you looked through a list of a few other books you needed to pick up from the library.