Chapter 14

Adam: I'm sorry I didn't call you. Audrey and I broke up, I got drunk and was suffering from the worst hangover ever.

(Y/N): Did you marry Ross too?

Adam: Why do you watch Friends? It isn't age appropriate for you, you were just making fart jokes the other day.

(Y/N): Funny how you tell me you don't want me watching something that wasn't age appropriate after you tell me you got smashed at a bar.

Adam: Point taken. Was everything okay after I left? Did you fall sick?

(Y/N): No, actually. I slept in pretty warm clothing so I was alright.

Adam: Did some boy offer you his jacket?

(Y/N): Maybe....

Adam: Just don't go around getting pregnant.

(Y/N): I'm blocking you.

"So how are things with you and Adam?" Cherry asked when you met up at your locker. Today was one of the few days you had reached school on time. Even though you were studious, you enjoyed your sleep.

"Good actually. He gives off the big brother vibe I've always wanted." You smiled, getting out your books when Cherry hugged you, "I'm so happy for you, (Y/N)."

You beamed at her and Phoebe came through the doors, waving at the both of you, "I beat you here today, Pheebs." 

The brunette rolled her eyes, "Alright, that makes it (Y/N)-1 and Phoebe-The rest."

"Anyway, I gotta go. Cherry and I have Chemistry which is on the other side of the school."

You nodded, "See you later."

Phoebe and Cherry walked away and you wondered what you would be doing in Biology today. Walking over to the water fountain, you bent down to sip some water when someone pulled you by your backpack.

Your eyes met with the culprit and you rolled your eyes, "Of course the only person who bullies me is you."

Max leaned towards you with a smirk and you gave him an unamused frown.

"Did pros or cons win?" "Excuse me?"

"I mean, there was only one pro but I'm pretty sure I saw some serious wrinkles."

Your eyes widened, "I did not."

"Oh, but you did. I smell that good?"

You tried to save yourself before your face turned completely red, "I think your cologne smells good. So, anyone who wears that cologne smells good to me."

"Are you sure you're not getting things mixed up? You probably think that cologne smells good because it's mine."

"That, that is ridiculous." You muttered, looking away.

"It's not that ridiculous." He gave you a charming smile and leaned uncomfortably close, "I mean, I like the smell of your perfume."

Red crawled up your neck and exploded on your face, "I gotta go."

You practically sprinted into the Biology lab.

Max raised a hand to his chest, it was beating wildly. You were so pretty that it made him nervous, but he was glad he was able to conceal it.

He needed a cold drink, he thought and leaned down to the water fountain when water exploded out of the nob and it looked like a lawn sprinkler. Water gathered down in a puddle and the person standing a few feet behind him was damp.

But the water didn't touch him at all.

He needed to fix his powers. Soon.

Fortunately for you, your classes were enough to get your mind off Max flirting with you this morning. That was, until lunch, where you had all the time to think about Max flirting with you.

'Did anyone see?' You thought, alarmed as Phoebe sat beside you, with the same lunch as you, except she had a fruit cup instead of chocolate pudding. Cherry followed her and sat on your other side, with a sandwich and chocolate pudding.

"How was chemistry?"

"Horrible. Mr. Begbouday," You giggled at the name, "Gave me a B."

"I'm so glad I have Ms. Epsteen, or as she like me to call her, Emma." You smirked, flicking your hair over your shoulder.

"Maybe you should transfer?" Cherry suggested and Phoebe sighed, "(Y/N)'s in AP Chemistry, remember?"

You blushed, "Sorry about that."

Hoping to get some answers or at least diffuse the awkward silence between you, you spoke up, "Hey, what does it mean, when a guy who hasn't had a good relationship until now, flirts with you?"

"Why? Who's flirting with you?"

"Oyster."

Cherry rolled her eyes, "Stop that, I'm not going to fall for it."

"It's Max isn't it?" Phoebe asked and Cherry gasped, "I told you, you need to solve this sexual tension."

"I don't know why I talk to the both of you about this."