Chapter 50

"Now, since your powers might malfunction as soon as their activated, you might need to be placed in isolation booths when I administer the enzyme." Informed Adam, as he cleaned a needle with an alcohol-soaked cotton ball.

Quickly setting up the syringe, he set a few empty vials on the table before reaching for your arm.

The process was that he was going to take a few vials of blood from you, extract the enzyme and then reinject it into the Thundermans.

When he reached for your arm however, both Max and the water snake in your lap stiffened. The snake however, was the only one that hissed at Adam.

You rolled your eyes, scolding the both of them, "Knock it off."

'He tried to kill you the last time.' It huffed in reply.

"He's not going to hurt me. And he for the last time he wasn't trying to kill me."

"Yeah, you overgrown snail," Adam snapped at the snake sitting in your lap and it retaliated by flaring its hood, "You seem to forget that I was the one who controlled you before."

You didn't think water could scoff until you heard it 'Of course I remember, I have impeccable memory and you seem to forget that (Y/N) controls me now.'

"It said—" "Doesn't matter, it probably said something stupid anyway." Adam muttered, tightening the tourniquet around your arm and the snake hissed at him again while you rolled your eyes.

"Stop it, both of you." You scolded when both Adam and the water began to mutter curses at each other all while Max stared at the two (well, three) of you conversed.

"You ate something right?" Adam asked and you nodded, remembering the pancakes that Max got for you in the morning.

"You might get a little light-headed." He warned, gently pressing the needle and extracting the blood.

The snake gently curled around your neck and you sighed letting the coolness sink in. He was done in a minute and 10 filled vials of blood sat on the counter. The room was slightly shaking and your head was feeling very airy before Max handed you a glass of water that you sipped slowly.

"How're you feeling?"

"Fine, just a little disoriented." You sighed, leaning against Max as Adam cleared the space and placed the vials in the centrifuge.

"What now?" You asked, humming when Max began to gently massage your shoulders, feeling a little sleepy.

Adam handed you a vitamin after he closed the centrifuge, switching it on, "Well, since the enzyme is denser that the blood plasma but lighter than the WBC's, we'll be able to remove it after the centrifugation is done. It should be ready in about an hour or two."

You nodded, smiling at him and standing up, "Then I'll be back after a nap."

Max slowly led you out, with both hands on your shoulders while your eyes fluttered sleepily, "Wow, I didn't know giving a few ounces of blood would get me this tired."

"Let's get you back to bed and then we can talk about it." Max muttered and before you knew it you were in the temporary bed the President had offered while you and the Thundermans stayed in Metroburg.

"Hey, later do you want to hang out for a bit? I want to show you something." Max asked as he pulled the covers over your body and you unconsciously snuggled closer to him, so you could have something to hold.

You tiredly muttered an 'Okay' before promptly passing out.

You were woken up about 2 hours later by Max who told you it was time for the administration of the enzyme

You were woken up about 2 hours later by Max who told you it was time for the administration of the enzyme. While you felt pretty confident about it, you couldn't help but notice that Max was quite tense beside you.

"Hey, are you alright? You look like you're about to cry." You asked, setting a hand on his arm.

"Nothing. I'm just worried that this won't work." He muttered, running a hand through his hair.

"Hey, have some faith. Adam will come through, I promise."

He nodded and the two of you walked towards the empty cells which were acting as isolation rooms for the time being.

"Hey! How're you feeling?" Adam asked loading a few needles with what seemed to be the enzyme.

You smiled at him, "Good."

"Okay, Mr. Thunderman, you're first." He called, patting a chair for him to sit.

"Barb can I hold your hand?" Hank asked, reaching out for his wife but Adam quickly slapped his hand away, "Unless you want to crush every bone in her hand, I'd suggest you not doing that."

The procedure was pretty quick, Adam tightened the tourniquet around his arm and injected the enzyme into his blood stream. It can into effect almost instantly, when the metal table Hank had been resting his other arm on bent from his strength and Adam gasped, "Hey! I needed this table!"

Next was Electriss who completely short circuited and shocked Adam so badly that his hair was standing on its ends.

And it only got worse as it kept going.

Billy super sped while sitting and ended up kicking Adam in a place that made you look away and try not to laugh while Max cringed from beside you.

Nora zapped him and ended up destroying his hair.

Chloe teleported but ended up bringing Adam along with her and accidentally left him at the North Pole for a second before bringing him back.

"Um, are you okay?" You asked Adam and you weren't sure if he was shaking because of the electricity or the cold or the pain.

"Yeah, the cold never bothered me anyway." He commented and you rolled your eyes, "I'm Elsa. You can be sphen."

"Or Hans." Max muttered from behind you and you elbowed him in the stomach, effectively getting him to mutter out an apology.

"So how do you feel?" You asked the Thundermans, turning to them with a wide smile.

"Super."