Chapter 45

It took a month for the Thundermans to realize that you wouldn't be coming back. And with your powers, it wasn't likely that you could be found either. With your abilities, you could be at some remote island, which they would be right for assuming.

It was difficult news to swallow, the fact that you were gone. The fact that you left because you weren't happy here. The fact that you left without letting anoybody know. Perhaps you just didn't think they were worth an explanation.

They were taking the news pretty badly. For the first week, Phoebe and Max didn't leave their rooms.

Eventually they did come out but Phoebe still blamed Max for the entire incident, saying that if he had been a better friend to you instead of taking Allison's side through everything then he shouldn't be allowed to miss you now. He wasn't allowed to feel depressed because he cared more for his now ex-girlfriend.

For the entire second week, Phoebe was living at Cherry's house, because everytime she and her brother were in the same room it was like an earthquake struck.

There'd be screaming, throwing things and they'd be fighting using their powers. Even though it worried them, Hank and Barb both thought it would be best if Phoebe was able to stay with Cherry for a while. Besides, Cherry was as upset as she was.

Max, on the other hand, was in total isolation, aside from the non-stop flood of text messages from his friends and Allison before he blocked her after telling her that he wanted to break up. Even Dr. Colloso in his room remained silent as he didn't know what to say to comfort him.

Max didn't leave his room, but that didn't mean he had become some recluse that didn't leave the bed. In fact, he was constantly on his feet looking for something, anything, that might help him find you. But, unfortunately, everything turned out to be in vain. And he realized quite quickly that it was hopeless, but that never stopped him.

To be honest, he was just looking for something to get his mind off you. To stop him from wondering if you were alright, to stop him from missing you.

Because when he did take a break from looking because he wa stumped, he felt an unimaginable pain in his chest. Missing you was probably one of the worst feelings he had ever felt, but it was even worse this time around because he knew that this time you had left because of him.

He kept thinking that there was still hope and he'd find you eventually, because for now, he couldn't accept that it was forever. It was far to painful.

He felt incredibly stupid that he only realized his true feelings for you now. It was always a truth he knew, in the back of his head, that he couldn't stop himself from loving you but he never acted on it. Now he was regretting it, because he knew that if he had you'd be here with him, in his arms.

That just made him work harder to find you.

You had quickly become accustomed to the sound of splashing water as your training got harder and harder as days passed

You had quickly become accustomed to the sound of splashing water as your training got harder and harder as days passed. It's not like you had anything to do to procrastinate it anyway.

Your home on the island was beneath a canopy of trees by a waterfall that led to a river. It was new and different, living in nature and not having the life you grew up with. But you grew to love it as soon as you realized you could see rainbows every single morning by the waterfall.

Of course, your training had first priority, so you could grow stronger and then return to claim your mother's mantle and according to the water, it wouldn't be long before you could. Maybe a year or two. And you could only look forward to the next year in paradise.

Even though you loved the life in solitude and most of the time your mind was at peace and no worries or thoughts were clouding your head, you sometimes thought back to your friends that you left behind in Hiddenville.

You could only imagine how betrayed Phoebe and Cherry must have felt when they realized and a part of you was curious to find out, but at the same time, you wanted to leave it all behind.

They were your best friends and you loved them to death but it doesn't mean that they're good for you, but that doesn't make them bad people. Sometimes people become friends and it just doesn't work out. And you were learning that it was okay for friendships not to work out. It was okay to want to leave friends even if they haven't done anything wrong.

It doesn't mean that you don't love them.

You, of course, think the same thing about relationships and dating. Sometimes it just doesn't work out. But something in your heart was hurting because you knew that you really wanted it to work out with Max.

He probably hated you now and you would never be able to be friends again. That made you unhappy. Even though you were trying to move on. It made you unhappy that he was probably already there. He moved on a long time back while you were still loving him. Now you had to do the same.

The time that you spent alone was kind of a moment of reflection. You were able to realize that you might have been selfish in the past even though at the time you felt like you needed it. You realized that you put Max, Phoebe and Cherry through a lot as well when you moved away and then was suddenly in the hospital.

The thought of that made you lean towards forgiving them. They were just trying to figure everything out as you were and in the end you were all just confused  teenagers trying to find out your real feelings. And that was okay. Because there would be no better time than to grow and work through your feelings of sadness and anxiety and find peace than now.

It would all be okay. Eventually.

The thought in your mind was the thing that was motivating you to keep training on the island.

Because when the time was right, you'd return. And you'd be able to put the past behind you. That was a lesson that you needed time to learn.