Chapter 26

"Miss? Miss, wake up."

You were gently shook awake by a woman and you jerked away, knee making harshly landing against the seat in front of you and cursed, groaning in pain.

"Are you alright?" Asked the air hostess as you sniffled and blinked away tears.

You moaned and nodded, grabbing the canned energy drink beside you and got up quickly only to fall back into the seat with your discarded headphones choking you.

The air hostess gently untangled the wire from around your neck and threw it into the next seat.

"Are you sure you're alright?"

You nodded, opening the can and hearing a fizz before taking a quick swig, "Thanks."

You got up and let the air hostess get your suitcase from the overhead cabin before rolling it out of the plane. 

"Have a good flight?"

You yawned, "Don't remember most of it but yeah, I guess."

You brought the can again to your mouth, taking a few gulps and pulling your luggage behind you. It had been a flight of a few hours but it felt like days since you had gotten a good nights sleep. Your back was stiff and your legs ached even though you had been sitting for the past couple hours.

Though probably the most annoying part was that your butt was slightly numb from sitting so you allowed yourself to stretch in the weirdest positions along with other tired passengers who'd be too tired to even judge you silently, before walking into the public space.

You had to go through many different procedures as an underage traveler but since you were young you were given the most care and everything was done quickly so you could go to baggage claim while the rest waited in line. Suckers.

You gulped down the last of your drink before crushing the can and tossing it into the recycling bin while waiting for your suitcase. Pulling your phone from your backpack, you checked your messages only to realize that you had no service so any messages from Phoebe or Cherry would not have reached you.

You sighed, how would you spend your time now?

As soon as your bags came along the conveyor belt, you grabbed them and moved towards the exit, scanning the crowed for a familiar male and grinning widely when you found him. You pushed the trolley towards him, grinning widely and accepting Adam's hug.

"Flight okay?"

You hummed against his chest and grabbed your backpack off the trolley to lighten the load before letting him push it.

"So, how long away is your house? I'm kinda tired."

"Our house," You grinned widely, "Is pretty far, you might want to take a nap in the car."

"You have your own car?" You asked as you left the airport towards the parking lot.

"My parents." Adam dismissed and you neared a dark gray car.

"Hm, never would have pegged you for a gray kind of car." You commented as he opened the door to the backseat for you to slip into.

"Oh? What do I seem like then?"

You hummed absentmindedly, sliding into the backseat and relaxing, "Red?"

Adam laughed, "I'm not a douche."

You laughed good naturedly as he shut the door and clicked open the trunk of the car, lifting your luggage into it and then climbing into the front seat.

He switched on the car, turning up the air conditioner, "I'll go and return the trolley. You don't have your license, don't try anything." He said sternly but you caught the glimmer of amusement in his eye.

You snorted in disbelief but nodded and he shut the car door, wheeling the trolley away. You took a deep breath and sighed, leaning against the leather seats and smiling.

The air was sweet and mixed with the scent of pine trees as you were gently hummed to sleep by the car engine.

"(Y/N), (Y/N), wake up, we're here." Adam shook you awake and you became hyper aware that the car wasn't moving anymore.

You groaned, feeling incredibly drowsy and sluggish, "I have no energy. Can't you carry me?"

He snorted, "And the dozen bags you brought along?"

You pouted and nodded and he pinched your cheek, hard, "Ow!"

You slapped his hand away and he smirked immaturely, "Oh? Suddenly have energy?"

Scowling at him, you grabbed you bag and threw it over your shoulders before helping Adam with the bags. He tried to stop you but you insisted, grabbing a small suitcase and a duffle bag.

Adam walked up to a small bungalow and pulled out his keys, "It was my parents house. It's not much but it's home."

He pushed open the door and you were surprised with how clean it was. Adam being a med student and the house being sized for a small family, you hadn't expected Adam to have time to clean it but he managed to surprise you.

"You can clean?" You teased, stepping in and taking off your shoes. He grinned ruffling your hair, "I cleaned up before you got here, even practiced cooking so we could have some home-cooked meals."

Your teasing smirk turned into a sentimental smile as you wrapped your arms around his torso and buried your face in his chest. He chuckled warmly, wrapping his arms around you.

"Let me show you your room."

Your smile got even wider.