Epilogue

AUTHORS NOTE: Remember when I said I originally wanted the book to end with the both of them not being a couple?

4 years later

You were running a little late, but they would understand right? You just saved a whole city from a dam breaking and had to redirect the water to the ocean so that was a reasonable explanation for being late.

Right?

You really shouldn't have worn heels today...

Slightly struggling in your stilettos, you were using your powers to morph all the water from your hair before applying a tiny bit of lipstick while looking in your reflection through the window and watching all the cars zoom past.

What kind of superhero took the bus anyway?

Even though you knew the Thundermans were your family, you felt nervous visiting them back in Hiddenville after a long time of being apart.

You released a shaky breath, everything changed since you last saw them and you knew they would be devastated to find out the news, and the fear of telling them was building up in you.

'It's okay, not like they can kill you or anything. You've face more difficult villains,; You told yourself, trying to calm down, 'Just come right out and say it. Max and I aren't dating anymore—'

You were pulled out of your trance by the sudden stop of the bus and you looked up to realize that you were at your stop. You quickly made your way out, swiftly walking towards the Thunderman's house.

When you got there, you noticed the familiar man standing at the front door, seemingly hesitating.

"Hey." You smiled awkwardly at him, reaching for a stiff hug when he returned the greeting tensely. There was definitely tension hanging in the air between the two of you and you felt even more nervous than you did before.

"Should we tell them? They're gonna be so devastated." You asked, trying to convince him not to say anything.

"They're gonna find out one day. What are we gonna do when they start asking about moving in and marriage?" He retorted and you sighed, knowing he was right.

"Then you tell them, they're your parents."

He narrowed his eyes at you, "They're your parents too."

"I hate it when you're right."

"It doesn't have to be difficult, we'll just come right out and say it. We're not dating anymore—" He was cut off my the door swinging wide open and his mother stood on the other side, beaming at the sight of the both of you.

"What are you two doing just standing out here? Come in."

You smiled gratefully at her and entered the house, looking at the familiar house, "Wow, I haven't been here in a long time."

"Well time flies when you're saving the world." She replied, " I wouldn't expect the two of you to come anyway, since you live so far away."

You nodded, "Yeah, but I should visit more often."

"