Chapter 31

When Riley arrived at your co-ordinates that he tracked from your phone, you were crying in the corner of the room, the door was wide open but the water didn't move out.

You were facing the corner, unable to look at Adam, with your knees pulled up to your chest and your head hidden between them, crying quietly.

Only when he came closer did he realize that even though water filled the room up to his knees, it didn't touch you, but it was just surrounding you in a circle.

The water didn't seemed to be solid, it wasn't flowing out of the room and it wasn't touching you but Riley was able to wade through it effortlessly and it rippled and move when men filled the room.

To say he was confused was an understatement. 

And then he turned around to see the man impaled to the wall and his eyes widened, "Get this man some help. Go!" 

The escorts he got with him immediately began working.

You could only hear the splash of water behind you as people ran in and out of the room and Riley telling them to take Adam to Metroburg Hospital.

Then you felt a hand on your shoulder. You hesitated but still looked up at Riley's concerned face.

"What happened?"

"I did this." You replied weakly and his brows furrowed.

"What?"

"It's my fault. I tried to stop it. I really did, but I couldn't and now—" Your throat got smaller and tears spilled from your eyes.

Riley pulled your shaking body from the floor and held you close to him. The water crashed around the two of you but didn't touch any of you. You just heard the sound of thrashing waves and your sobs.

"I couldn't stop it." You cried, "It's my fault."

"It's okay, it's okay, it's not your fault, you're okay, you're safe." He murmured, a hand was wrapped around your waist and once held your head.

"You're safe."

Slowly, you stopped crying, you knew it was because of his powers but you still submitted to them, wanting to get out of the house.

"Let's get out of here." He said and swiftly picked you up, carrying you out of the house and you heard the water crash again before falling out of the room, behaving normally for once.

Before you knew it, you were placed in the back of a van and Riley slid in next to you, holding your hand comfortingly, "I called the Thunderman's, they'll meet us at the hospital."

You felt Riley use his powers again before you fell asleep.

When Riley woke you up, you were sniffling because your hair and clothes were still sopping wet. You slowly walked behind him through the entrance of the hospital and you got a glimpse at yourself through the reflection of their doors.

Hair and clothes dripping wet, eyes sunken and red, wrists with faint red marks on them and small splatters of blood on your clothes that had your food crawling up your throat.

'I'm a monster.' You thought staring hopelessly at your face. You couldn't even recognize yourself.

A tear fell.

The more you tried to find any remains of yourself in your reflection, the more you could only see someone else. Someone unrecognizable. Someone pitiful. Someone you should avoid.

You sniffled again, muffling a sneeze in your sleeve.

"(Y/N), come on." Riley said, grabbing your hand and pulling you gently inside.

As the both of you walked through the corridors of the hospital, he slowed down when a few familiar faces were seen. Mr. and Mrs. Thunderman, along with their 2 oldest children were staring at you with pity and concern. Phoebe looked as though she'd been crying but all you could do was lower your head and walk away from them.

 As you walked away you heard Riley asking them to give you some time before following after you but that slowly drowned out when you heard the sound of a doctor barking orders.

You slowly turned towards the small emergency room which was closed by glass doors.

"250 Joules!" He shouted, rubbing the paddles together before pressing them to the patients chest. The patient jolted lifelessly before dropping down to the bed again and a nurse began pressing compressions to his chest.

You blinked away the tears in your eyes and focused onto the patients face, pressing your hand to the glass doors.

Tears began falling fast when the sound of the dying beep from the cardiograph began ringing in your ears.

"300 Joules!" 

You started crying as he pressed the paddles to the patients chest again.

Everything before you became blurry once again as you sunk in a foetal postion, your hand dragging down against the door.

"Quick! Prepare him for surgery!"

Your eyes snapped open to see the nurses wheel the patient out of the room, asking a man to move out of the way.

Tears of relief spilled from your eyes. He could live. You didn't kill him. He could live.

The last thing you heard was a cry for your name before you passed out.