✨Serenity✨

-Phillips POV-
    "Ugh I hate that stupid Jefferson!" My dad yelled ranting to my mom about the cabinet meeting today. "Are they really that evil?" I ask, cause there's no way he can really be that bad. "Yes Phillip, all Jefferson are Evil! Never talk to them." He said looking at me dead in the eyes. "I hate him and his stupid purple suit! Thinking he's all fancy and crap!" He paced the room quickly. "Mom, can I go please?" I whispered to my mom who was listening to him intently, she nodded and I left.

I walked around the city alone. I got an apple from the market and make my way to the center of town I sat down under a tree to eat in silence when I heard some giggles coming from behind the tree. I looked over and saw a girl laughing and reading a book. "Good book?" I asked scaring the girl. "Oh goodness you scared me" she said laughing a bit closing her book. God that laugh was amazing. "Yes very. Thank you for asking. I'm Serenity." She smiled at me giving me her hand. "I'm Phillip." I shook her hand and smiled at her. I moved over to sit next to her "do you like to read?" I asked her "oh yes I love to read, my father thinks women should know just as much as men and taught me how. What about you?" "No, I don't like to read that much." I admitted. "Do you want me to read to you?" She smiled opening the book again. "I would love that." I put my head on her shoulder as she started to read, her reading voice was soft and gentle making me a little sleepy. I noticed people staring at us which I thought was weird but maybe they thought we were in love you something but I would be lying if I didn't have crush on Serenity. The sun started going down and I was almost falling asleep on her. "I had fun today Phillip." She smiled closing her book. "Yes, so did I, we should do this again." She took out a note pad and wrote her address on it. "Please write me sometime. Goodbye Phillip."

She kissed my cheek and walked off. All I could was blush as she walked away from me, Her light purple dress swaying as she walked away. Am I in love? I rushed home quickly to tell my mom about her. "Phillip! You're home late." My Mom said walking out of kitchen. "Sorry I lost track of time! I met this amazing lady Mom, you would of loved her!" I said holding her hand. "Really tell me everything." I told her everything I knew. Her name, all about her laugh, and how she read to me! "Oh Phillip this is wonderful news! We must tell your father!" She smiled walking into my dad's office. I laid back on the couch thinking about Serenity.