✨Lafayette✨

-Serenity's POV-
         After the meeting I was crushed, I didn't want to talk to my father at alley. I just sat in my room crying into my pillow about Phillip. I knock came from my door. "Go away! I'm not talking to you right now!" I said trying not to sound like I've been crying. "Serenity, open the door please." It wasn't my dad but Lafayette. I opened the door whipping my eyes. "May I come in? Please?" He asked with a smile. I moved out of the way so he could come inside he shut the door behind him and pulled out a letter. "I saw Phillip in town today, he said to give you this letter." He said putting it in my hands. My eyes widened and I hugged him. "Thank you Lafayette! Thank you!" I said holding on to him. "Also this is his address write back to him. I better be off, good day Ms. Jefferson." He gave the sheet of paper with his address on it then left me room.

Quickly I opened the letter and read though it. Soon a knock came from the door. Quickly I put the letter under my pillow and opened the door to see my dad standing there. I wanted to slam the door in his face but that I would be rude. "Yes dad?" I ask looking at him. "Darlin' you can stay mad forever. It's for your own good, the Hamilton man are nothing but trouble." He explained. I wanted to cry again but I didn't I gave him a smile and said "ok Papa." I acted like I was okay but I really wasn't. "Dinner will be done soon. Go get washed up." He said before walking away from me. I shut my door and got out some paper and began writing.

              Dear Phillip,
I'm so happy to get a letter from you, I am so sorry about the things my father has said about you and your family. I would love to see you again. I miss meeting you under the tree to read. I'm in love with you Phillip, nothing not even my father will stop me from seeing you.
                  Love,
              Serenity Jefferson.
I folded the letter put it inside and envelope and hid it under my bed before I went to get washed up.