✨Blessing✨

-Phillips POV-
       Me and Serenity decided to stay at my parents house for the week. When I woke up Serenity was fast asleep next to me. Quickly I got dress in a nice outfit said goodbye to my parents then left. Nervous didn't even begin to describe what I walked to Mr. Jefferson's house rehearsing what I was gonna say in my head. He probably hates me, I basically took his daughter away from him, he hates my family. What am I thinking? He's gonna say no. I passed the old tree where me and Serenity first met under. It feels like just yesterday I was eating that apple under the tree. Before I knew it I was at the Jeffersons house.

My hands where shacking when I knocked on the door. The door opened and there he stood the only man that kept me from marrying the women I love. "Phillip, lovely to see you. Where's Serenity?" He looked confused probably wondering why I was here alone. "I would like to talk to you Mr. Jefferson." I said trying to my either break down and cry or faint. "What is it Phillip? Come in please." He moves out of the way of the door to let me in. I seat in the couch next to Mr. Jefferson's chair. "What do you want to talk about?" He asked looking at me. "Mr. Jefferson, I love you daughter very much, and I know how you feel about my family but trust me I would never do anything to hurt her. Well Mr. Jefferson what I'm trying to say is, I want to marry your daughter and I want you blessing to marry her." I looked at him he face was blank. "Well Mr. Hamilton, I love my daughter very much, I would do anything to make her happy, and I know that she love you. So yes you have my blessing to marry my daughter." He said standing up I stood up to and shook his hand and I don't know what came over me but I hugged him. "I'm sorry just really happy." He said rubbing the back of my neck. "It's alright Phillip. Here I have something for you." He said walking up the stairs to his room then coming back down stairs with something in his hand.

"This was my mother ring and she wanted to see her granddaughter wear it but she died before she got the chance." The ring was beautiful, sliver with a nice sized diamond in it. He handed me the ring. "Make my little girl happy son." "I will Thomas, I promise."